 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4712
Re: New parts - Aquanaut Door and Door Frame
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 14:43:42 GMT

TWS Garrison <tgarrisBASSo@ISmath.BESTpurdue.edu> schrieb
im Newsbeitrag news:Pine.GSO.4.44.0306051441430.3902-
100000@banach.math.purdue.edu...
On Wed, 21 May 2003, Marek Idec wrote:

Paul, I'm not sure if I have understood well your
remarks about spaces in header lines. To be sure that
multiple spaces are not shrinked into one space in my
examples below I replaced spaces with underscores. My
header line initially looked like this (except
underscores of course) "0_Door_1_x_9_x_11" with singe
spaces between numbers, words and letters. I understood
suggestion of Paul that there should be additional
space in front of single digit numbers. Should it look
like this "0_Door__1_x_9_x_11" or even
"0_Door__1_x__9_x_11", Paul? To be honest I've never
heard about that rule, so please correct me if I
misunderstood you.

Has no one responded to this yet?  My understanding is
that the spacing is purely to make part names alphabetize
properly, so that, for example, Brick  1 x  2 sorts
before Brick  1 x 16.  I think the last example above is
correct, but I'm sure that there are many other people
reading .cad.dat.parts who would know for sure. . .

Your answer is correct. The spaces before single numbers are
for correct alphabetic sort.

Else it looks better when you read the parts.lst ;-)

CU Bernd