 CAD / 10114
Re: My first rendering of a CAD-model.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2003 19:45:33 GMT

Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:

I am not sure, how parts are submitted to the LDraw officials  - I am a
bloody newbie in CAD.
I wrote to Tim Courney and hope he is one of the persons, who can decide
if this file is good enough for the official Ldraw dat collection.

I wish my newbie products turned out this wonderful...
With a bit of tuning your BR24 train would make a serious chance in the
model of the month competition at LDRAW.ORG (if that's back up yet, Tim?)

Might I suggest you take a look at Jeroen de Haan's page on POVRAY rendering
and his include files? They really make renders come out a lot better.
http://www.digitalbricks.nl/diy.html for more info. But better put a coffee
machine (and a bed) next to your PC , things might take a while (some of my
Santa Fe renders took 2-3 days, in only 1024*768)
--
Jan-Albert van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/~javanree/
LEGO Santa Fe B-unit | http://www.vanree.net/~javanree/lego/f7b.html