 CAD / 10081
10080  |  10082
Subject:
My first rendering of a CAD-model.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 22:58:03 GMT

Hi all,

this is probably my first posting ever in Lugnet.cad and the reason, why I visit
this part of Lugnet now, is quite obvious:

I have finished my first ML-CAD model (after an existing design in real Lego
bricks) last week and yesterday I managed after a few hours of playing with
light and camera options to get pov-ray to work.

This is the first picture, which was coming out of the machine in satisfieing
quality:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ben/Test/00000095_my_first_povray_ever.jpg

The l-draw file is to be found here:

It was a great feeling to see this picture appearing in such cool detail
quality. Photos are always dark or fuzzy in some way.... And I was amazed how
easy the job of CAD-drawing and rendering can be done. Now there are already
lots of my other 7-wide waggons in the pipe to be drawn as well. Two of them
are already done and wait for rendering, others may follow. So hopefully they
might find their way to Jeroens poster site soon as a complete freight train.

Thanks to all in the community who worked so hard on L-Draw, the dat-files,
L3PAO, L3go, L3P etc.... This is such a cool package of software - it is
amazing that such powerful programs are available for free.

Leg Godt!

Ben