 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1806
Re: colors on http://guide.lugnet.com/color/
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2003 10:20:58 GMT

thanks a lot =)
i'll download them =)

Andreas

"Todd Lehman" <todd@lugnet.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:HF5qr2.Gzo@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.cad.ray, Andreas Hellwig writes:
hi,
after a long time i'll ask again if there are any values of the nice • colors
shown on http://guide.lugnet.com/color/ are available now? (PovRay • Textures,
or the values, ...)
I think this would give rederings great look ....

Andreas,

Here you go...  This is a browseable directory of the POV-Ray definitions
that I used to create the bricks:

   http://guide.lugnet.com/color/povray-20021003/

You should see 3273 small .inc files and one higher-level .inc file which
combines them:

   http://guide.lugnet.com/color/povray-20021003/lg_colors.inc

You may need to hack the paths to get it to work -- I think it assumes a
local directory called 'include'.

And finally here's an 87KB tarball of all the colors for simplest • download:

   http://guide.lugnet.com/color/povray-20021003/lg_colors.tar.gz

Additional notes:

1.  On the individual color blow-up pages, for example
       http://guide.lugnet.com/color/?q=Y00t
    there's now a link to the .inc file for that color.

2.  Please consider this a 'beta' release of the color codes.  Final • tweaks
    are still necessary, I think, before I can do a 1.0 release.  Feel • free
    to critique.

3.  The 'lg_' prefix started with l3p, I think.  I should probably rename • the
    prefix so that it doesn't collide with l3p's file names.

4.  These definitions _may_ only work with POV-Ray 3.5 and higher.  I • haven't
    tried them on old versions of POV-Ray.

5.  A few of the colors (oranges) needed to go above 1.0 in the red • channel,
    so don't be freaked out if you see something like
       rgbft <1.1, 0.275, 0, 0, 0>
    The fluorescents were achieved by specifying the 'conserve_energy' • flag
    rather than going above 1.0...this seemed to work better.

--Todd