 CAD / Development / 8947
8946  |  8948
Subject:
Symmetries other than 16 and 48?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2003 14:49:28 GMT

What is the general way of handling parts/primitives that have rotational
symmetries other than 16 and 48?  I am currently looking at reworking 73071
(the old Technic Differential), which has a rotational symmetry of 28, and
3649 (Technic Gear 40 Tooth), which (obviously) has a rotational symmetry of
40.  Ideally, I would like to create rings, cylinders, etc. that match the
natural symmetry so that I can create a single tooth primitive that could be
repeated easily with appropriate seams (call me obsessive, but I hate
overlapping polygons).  Could we create directories for these other
primitives just like the 48 series?  It seems to me that this should fit in
well with the current structure, but I confess I don't know how hardcoded
the directory structure is.

Thanks,
--Lance Hopenwasser--