 CAD / *27325 (-100)
  Show your renderings in Zwolle!

Hi, I will attend Legoworld in Zwolle and will bring a computer to run a slideshow of LDraw pics. It would be nice if all you people would send 1 or more pictures of MOCs and sets rendered with POV-Ray, Bryce or whatever you use as long the pictures (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.dat.scenes)

  Re: next dragon part

(...) Part finished and send to the tracker. CU Bernd (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: LEGO Color Reference

(...) Cool. Thanks for the work. I've been working on a LDraw to Maya converter and have used the POV-Ray stuff from L3P as a basis for the Maya shaders. Maya's shading capabilities are a little more extensive than POV-Ray's. I've got a shader for (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Hi Philo, I finally got my tangent between two circles code working! I can have two or more pulleys (or pins), with them inside or outside the rubber band, and band crossings. Right now they all have to be in the XY plane. I'm working on the code to (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Temporary software submission form for LDraw.org web site

Firstly I want to apologise for not keeping the LDraw.org download section as up-to-date as it should be - I've been pretty busy recently, and just don't seem to be able to find the time to fit updates in as much as I'd hoped. However, I have some (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad)

  Re: next dragon part

(...) OK, so I can finish it. The orientation will allow that the flame (or something else) will be the same angle as the head. CU Bernd (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Yesss Master..... Igor! main file: 973pdg.dat

This part and its subfiles are now posted in parts tracker (...) I still feel the same way. Advice on colors accepted gladly. Or tell me I got them right, that's OK too. I plan to start on the batsoundguy this weekend. (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: next dragon part

(...) I think you've got it orientated perfectly. :) Steve (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: DAT to DXF again

(...) Yes, just like Ldraw Prinitives, Autocad Blocks are nestable. And to my knowledge without limits. (...) I can make a simple AutoCad model representing an instance of the box5.dat primitive to see what you can make of that (plus some (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDrawDesignPad LDDP 1.2 external program notes.

Hello! I will take a look at it when my left hand is functioning again ;) Play well Carsten "Tore Eriksson" <tore.eriksson@mbox3...wipnet.se> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:H3oFKJ.L4M@lugnet.com... (...) extension (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDrawDesignPad LDDP 1.2 external program notes.

(...) If I remember correctly, some programs demand .dat, .ldr, or .mpd extension or file will be ignored. (Not very future safe, IMHO. :o) ) /Tore (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New marsbase.com pic...sorta.

This is awesome. What file format do you bring into Lightwave? (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Using primitives

(...) A far as I know there is not an issue doing this unless the Tri/Quad is visible from both sides and the part is BFC certified. The perferred method is to find the intersections and trim to fit. There are a number of utilities to aid you in (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  LDrawDesignPad LDDP 1.2 external program notes.

(...) ... (...) With all the nifty new plugins I thought I'd give this a whirl. Of course I used my personal favorite external viewer program ldglite. It mostly works, but I found a few things worth mentioning. The tab says "User-defined Programs" (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Using primitives

Hello, I have some questions about using primitives: (URL) about overlapping of surfaces (triangles, quads, primitives)? Especially when triangles/quads and primitives get together it might be useful to overlap to keep the part simple and without (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: next dragon part  [DAT]

Here comes the next one, not quite finished. My question is, how I should orientate it (y and z axis)? 0 Animal Dragon Head 0 Name: 6027.dat 0 Author: Bernd Broich 0 Unofficial Part 0 KEYWORDS Crocodile, Alligator, Tyrannosaurus, Mosasaurus, T-Rex 0 (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.1

(...) Nope, but it is now :-) -Orion (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Lighthouse

snip Unfortunately I have no internal structure, I did not have that meny bricks, on the top is main guts the light, lens and plently of windows. All lighthouses are diffrent providing wide range of stiles. Andrew sorry I can not spell. (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  New Plugin for LDDPad: Track Generator

I am working on a new plugin for LDDesignPad. This time it's a track generator. It can lay blue and gray track now (especially curves are very hard to lay by hand, but this plugin will do all the rotation and movement for you :-) It supports both (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: how would I animate a minifig walking?

(...) That's why I "bob" the minifig sideways when he walks. That way, it looks slightly more realistic, I think. By shifting the weight from side to side, the minifig can actually walk even without a knee joint. Fredrik (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New marsbase.com pic...sorta.

You used a program to render that?? Looks like a great artistic/drafting drawing. Is that program available for download? (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.cad.ray)

  New marsbase.com pic...sorta.

I'm slowly going through my previous models and revamping them, as well as moving them into Lightwave to render. Here's the latest model, the Kodiak: (URL) the pics will soon be up on marsbase.com, but this is the only one for now. Thoughts? Ben (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: how would I animate a minifig walking?

(...) Here's a really easy example of what you ask for: (URL) (4 kb) /Tore (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: how would I animate a minifig walking?

(...) Lok into using LD4DModler. You can import a LDraw model and then create a skeleton to make the minfig move. LD4DModler will then create the images (using POV) to make your aniamtion. YOU DO NOT NEED TO KNOW HOW TO USE POV just have it (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.1

(...) Thanks Orion, I almost forgot: is hookhand in your todo list ? Damien (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: how would I animate a minifig walking?

Fredrik Glöckner made a great animation of a walking minifig: (URL) you go 'up' in his brickshelf folder, I believe he's got more animations, too. Jeff (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.1

(...) Certainly. I just compacted it for another reason, I'll take a look and make sure it fit in 800x600 (...) I noticed that too. I'm adding a rotation routine for footwear (...) This is the exact reason I made an INI file. There are a lot of (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: how would I animate a minifig walking?

(...) Well it certainly isn't going to look realistic because minifigs don't have knees or ankles. So basically the legs are just going to swing back and forth like pendulums. It's a really tough problem. Good luck. Adrian (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  how would I animate a minifig walking?

I want to animate (in ldraw, not pov) a minifig that looks like he is walking. Does anyone know of a program, script or example that would show sutable angles for the legs etc? (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.1

(...) Hi Orion, You do just the plugins we need. You and Carsten Schmidt are a winning pair. Your minifig editor is still so young, I suppose much remains to do. Yet great flexibility, I have successfully added unofficial Minifig Whip, official (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DAT to DXF again

(...) Can you make an AutoCAD block out of more primitive AutoCAD blocks? I don't know. That's why I'd like see some simple examples exported to DXF from AutoCAD. I don't really care whether an AutoCAD version of the parts uses volumes or faces, (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DAT to DXF again

(...) I would like to discuss this because I'm not sure that would be the best path to follow. Translating (AutoCad) volume models into (Ldraw) face models could proove to be difficult. Maybe you're better off to build the Autocad model with faces (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldraw.org running correctly?

(...) It was up. :-) But then the power supply to the switch in the server room failed. :-( And then I took the machine off-line to insert the new disk. - Just to find out that the connectors on the disk and in the machine do not match. :-( The (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LEGO Color Reference

(...) Yes! Now, maybe, I'll be able to render a MOC in the "correct" colors. Thanks, Todd. James Wilson Dallas, TX Lugnet #1783 (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Excellent rendering...

"Fredrik Glöckner" <fredrigl@math.uio.no> skrev i meddelandet news:qrdbs67sac0.fsf....uio.no... (...) I dug a bit deeper into the POV manuals, and found it! The '+c' rendering option can be used to continue a rendering that has previously been (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: DAT to DXF again

(...) You're not the only one who wants that. See here: (URL) we have a few utilities, but no comprehensive system that I know of which could be used to design models in AutoCAD. There are programs that seem geared to creating parts in AutoCAD and (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldraw.org running correctly?

(...) It was up for a while (glad to know it wasn't just me!) so maybe it's just not staying that healthy till Jacob does the disk drive replacement... ?? Thanks all for your support. (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: ldraw.org running correctly?

(...) It seems you didn't kick it hard enough as I still can't access the site :-( -Orion (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: ldraw.org running correctly?

(...) Certainly not just you. There appears to have been some problems with one of the disks in the machine (or an error in the SCSI drivers in the kernel). I have kicked the machine sufficiently hard to make it work again, but I will try to find (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New Part: (needs Number) - Baseplate 32 x 32 Craters

(...) hmm ... the pattern on the hill is far more complex than I ever thought :-(. just putting the hill into a subpart wouldn't do the job. at this point I'll post the part to the PT without a hilly subpart. it just would require to much time (I (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: ldraw.org running correctly?

(...) unreachable since yesterday :-( willy (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: ldraw.org running correctly?

(...) I have been unable to get a response from the Web server, for most of the weekend, nor login to the server as a PT admin. I've mailed Jacob this morning. Shame, I was hoping to hit some of the "Need admin review" files. Chris (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: ldraw.org running correctly?

It's not just you, LP. We're all having the same problem. Moreover, the parts finally got a good lamppost. Since I use lab computers, I have to download for each one I sit at. (especially with the mis-credited solid head in the new version!) To all (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  ldraw.org running correctly?

Are other people having trouble getting to ldraw.org or is it just me? I would have expected to see some posts about it if it was having trouble... and I'm not... so it's most likely me. Please email me to avoid clutter, and I'll summarize. Thanks! (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Excellent rendering...

Wow... now that's what I'd like to see in my animations. But the render times are just impossible. A 15 second clip would take a month rendering! I guess I'll stay with the standard methods and stop-motion for a while. On another note, returning to (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Excellent rendering...

(...) Yes, I agree. When fiddling with parameters, I usually render only a small portion of the scene at the time, to see what effects the changes have. Only when I feel fairly confident that the final image is what I want, I try to render all of (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Excellent rendering...

"Fredrik Glöckner" <fredrigl@math.uio.no> skrev i meddelandet news:qrdlm5ccs02.fsf....uio.no... (...) I tend to forget what parameters I'm fiddling with, when the turnaround time goes over one hour. Doing 48 hour renderings would also create a (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) You could always train it to know (and do it in a data file driven way so it's easy to add new types) (...) 2 levels of subfiles perhaps??? one subfile for the part which contains the synthesized part reference (another subfile) as well as (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Orion, I had not thought about this. This is consistant with Steve Bliss' concern about putting out the synthesized parts in a seperate file so that they can be cosidered one part by other LDRAW compatible programs. I can see two issues here. The (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Yesss Master..... Igor! main file: 973pdg.dat  [DAT]

ldraw.org is currently unreachable for me, plus I could use some advice on colors, I am not sure I have the brown color quite right, nor the dithered dark grey (halftone dotted) wrinkles/tears. There are two subfiles for the s directory and the main (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: LEGO Color Reference

(...) Ya, when the .inc files get relatively stabilized (maybe in a couple weeks), I'll include more POV-Ray info on the pages. Maybe I should also post the current recipes to .cad.ray for technical feedback before that, because the current settings (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Yesss Master..... Igor! subfile b: 973sdgb.dat  [DAT]

ldraw.org is currently unreachable for me, plus I could use some advice on colors, I am not sure I have the brown color quite right, nor the dithered dark grey (halftone dotted) wrinkles/tears. There are two subfiles for the s directory and the main (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Yesss Master..... Igor! subfile a: 973sdgb.dat  [DAT]

ldraw.org is currently unreachable for me, plus I could use some advice on colors, I am not sure I have the brown color quite right, nor the dithered dark grey (halftone dotted) wrinkles/tears. There are two subfiles for the s directory and the main (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: LEGO Color Reference

(...) Oh! I missed that! Thank you, I'll check it out! (...) naw, it would just be finding where to change it in one template file and then kicking the regenerator and it would re-render all the affected images automatically. --Todd [xfut => (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: LEGO Color Reference

(...) oh, definitely! I was thinking of doing it as links to .inc files, but I could also put them at the bottom of the page in a supplimental information page. --Todd (posting wirelessly from an OS X laptop at Starbucks at Seattle Center! go (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) Works fine now ;o) My tests were far from exhaustive though ! (...) I guess there is no perfect solution: modelling curved parts with some smoothness requires lots of polygons. Fortunately machine power increases! One possibility though would (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) If you are going to go the subpart route, have you considered making an option to subpart the flexible object in a separate file so that seam width shrink is avoided when using L3P (or others) ? -Orion (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Hi Philo, (...) Oop.s I reworked the organization of the code and ended up messing this up. 1.0.0.2 is uploaded now. (...) I understand, but I'm not sure what can be done about this. I used the cross sectional parts that already existed for flexible (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Hi Kevin, It seems you forgot to link in CC3250.DLL... doesn't work on my system. (...) That's the kind of size I got... We must keep in mind that even if the ldraw file is smaller using parts, the number of triangle to render will be the same or (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Philo, Boy, were you right, the triangle synthesis took a 3K file and made a 2M file. Unpalatable. I switched lsynth over to use LDRAW parts for synthesis. Now that 3K file ends up to be 500K, still much larger, but certainly better than before. (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Excellent rendering...

(...) Now, that's nothing! A recent rendering I did took 48 hours on my PC to complete... (...) Yep! Another nice touch! Fredrik (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Excellent rendering...

"Fredrik Glöckner" <fredrigl@math.uio.no> skrev i meddelandet news:qrdadltp2jr.fsf....uio.no... (...) (URL) (...) You are not 'just seeing things'. I took some time to work with the 'bumps' in the mirror, to make it look more natural - at least most (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: New Part: (needs Number) - Baseplate 32 x 32 Craters

(...) There's a fairly clear picture in Ralf Herbers's baseplate reference (URL) that since this version has studs inside the craters, it would technically be a part variation with pattern, not just a patterned version of the part. . . -- TWS (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Excellent rendering...

(...) mirror slightly uneven? Or am I just seeing things? Fredrik (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: New Part: (needs Number) - Baseplate 32 x 32 Craters

hi don, (...) that's the point. I don't own that baseplate, but having a look at: (URL) can spot a colored area on the big crater ground. this means that I have to split the hill in at least 2 subpart. but there is more. looking at: (URL) seams that (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: LDraw Torso Generator

Hello all, I stumbled upon this post today, and I believe it deserves far more attention that it recieved until now (probably because of the events that were going on at the time) The resulds he seems to achieve with his program look promising. So: (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  LDraw.org presenteert zich op LEGOWORLD 2002

LDraw.org presenteert zich op LEGOWORLD 2002 Vrijwilligers en leden van LDraw.org zullen op LEGOWORLD een demonstratie- en informatie stand bemannen om het publiek kennis te laten maken met het "LDraw systeem van 3D CAD programma's". Hier kan je op (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org to present at LEGO WORLD 2002, Zwolle, Netherlands

Sorry it took so long but I am now posting the Dutch version! Jaco "Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:H39uq5.Luv@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New Part: (needs Number) - Baseplate 32 x 32 Craters

(...) They are used on curved surfaces so that they can receive an outline when edge lines are drawn. My program, LDView, can also use them as indicators of a curved surface, and use smooth shading. In fact, the lack of smooth shading was my first (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Lighthouse

Very nice! I saw the picts as I was browsing the recent additions on BrickShelf and took a few minutes to admire your work. I especially like the red spiral. Does it correspond to a set of stairs on the inside for mini-fig use? I have one other (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Excellent rendering...

Here's another: (URL) picture in my old Idea book that inspired the rendering: (URL) Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Lighthouse  [DAT]

Here is my rendition of a lighthouse I will try to post the real MOC as soon as I get the Pics developed. (URL) R. You need these custom windows: 0 Lighthouse Window 0 Name: Lhwindow.ldr 0 Author: MLCad 0 Lighthouse Window 0 ROTATION CENTER 0 -22.46 (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: 3626ap01.dat, minifig head stud solid with standard grin pattern  [DAT]

Jonathan, Forgive me, but I do believe I was responsible for making this piece public 3 YEARS before you. Please check this link as one piece of proof: (URL) This should also substantiate that I offered this solid head to co-competitors for the 1999 (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Hi Philo, I've been working on an algorithm that uses less triangles, and plan to add a option where the hoses can be made up of hose segments. Hose segments should reduce file size, but probably decrease quality. I've been beyond the edge of my (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub - LEGO Publication made easy!

Hi, I wanted to mention that LPub is useful even if you are not working on a book, or web pages. It can be used to make building instructions from other peoples' DATs. It has an advantage over MLCAD in that it shows you pictures of the parts added (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub - LEGO Publication made easy!

Hi Dave and Ahui, LPub is not supposed to do this. Lars Hassing reported this long ago, and I thought I had fixed it. WHen LPub starts it makes a backup of the current pvengine.ini file. When LPub exits it is supposed to restore this file to its (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: New Part: (needs Number) - Baseplate 32 x 32 Craters

(...) I'm not sure what you mean about the sub-subfile, but I suppose it doesn't really matter. I dug out the shark baseplate and it turns out even the hill is painted. Is that what you're talking about with the sub-subfile? Anyhow, I was just (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New Part: (needs Number) - Baseplate 32 x 32 Craters

(...) ;-) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New Part: (needs Number) - Baseplate 32 x 32 Craters

(...) hmm ... the 6190 Shark's Crystal Cave version uses dithers colors which have to go into a subfile anyway. so we would have a sub-subfile. please consider also that most of the paint covers the flat area which has to be remodelled. it doesn't (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New Part: (needs Number) - Baseplate 32 x 32 Craters

(...) thx for reading my mind ;-) (...) I think ... max2dat can generate them. I have to check it. What are they for? I just started part-authoring in spring and I'm still not familiar with all the specifications. (...) well, the hill is made of (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

"Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message news:H3FCnt.L5D@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) my (...) the (...) to (...) anyone (...) If you alter your Pov settings using the Render->Edit Settings/Render menu pick (which essentially (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub - LEGO Publication made easy!

<snip> But on the down side, I think my use of LPub screwed something up with my (...) Open up POV-Ray and click on the INI Icon Button. When the pop-up window appears look for the textbox that says "command line options:". LPub will have left (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LEGO Color Reference

(...) Would you be willing to include on the individual color pages the POV code snippet for that color? (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: LDraw.org to present at LEGO WORLD 2002, Zwolle, Netherlands

(...) Hi Stefan - Nothing that I know of on animation. We're doing basic stuff for the general public. I have no POV animation experience myself, but you might want to try asking around the Bouwsteen to see if any members have? You can check out the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winners for September 2002

(...) Povray 3.5 with the radiosity and focal blur settings. Check out this thread: (URL) specifically this article on the povray newsgroups: (URL) had to tweak the color values alot, and a few of the other settings, but it works amazingly well - (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: LPub - LEGO Publication made easy!

(...) The first time I ran a model through LPub, I was stunned by the ease with which the program pumped out such high-quality images. Someone else asserted that this will revolutionize the way AFOL's create and share model instructions, and I (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  L3P AddOn Error

Howdy All, I was trying to run the L3P Addon program and since I upgraded to POV-Ray 3.5 (and uninstalled POV-Ray 3.1) I now get the following error message: POV-Ray could not be verified as installed on this system. L3PAO will run, but auto (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub - LEGO Publication made easy!

WOW! This is seriously impressive and it couldn't have come at a better time. I am just putting together the instructions for my first custom kit, and until I saw this message and downloaded the software, I was handwriting a series of scripts to (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LEGO Color Reference

(...) I think Lars will love your colourcode and you should talk to him about implementing it in a newer version of L3P. He's really open for feedback. I like it too. Must have been a real pain to code, render and tweak the colours. Good work! (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: LEGO Color Reference

(...) I was wondering about that. Give it a reload and see what you think now... I redefined the basal orange hue to be another 5 degrees further toward red and regenerated all the images in the R-Y quadrant. LEGO orange is really a challenge (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Idea for a meta-statement  [DAT]

(...) Done. Here's a sample input: 0 132 0 234 POLYGON 14 0 0 1 0 10 1 10 10 1 10 -10 1 5 -13 1 polygon end 0 and the output: 0 132 0 234 0 LDS POLYGON 14 0 LDS 0 0 1 0 LDS 0 10 1 0 LDS 10 10 1 3 14 0 0 1 0 10 1 10 10 1 0 LDS 10 -10 1 3 14 0 0 1 10 (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDS as an LDDP Plugin (Was: Idea for a meta-statement)

(...) On second thought, the idea of making an LDS compiler an LDDP plugin wasn't that good after all. First I was very excited. But what if I wish to change the value of a variable and the source has been overwritten... (...) OK, I will probably (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LEGO Color Reference

I've been playing around a bit with LDraw, L3P, and POV-RAY over the past few weeks. In August I tried to do some rendering of individual LEGO elements and found it to be a lot more challenging than I had expected. After much hair-pulling and (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: Idea for a meta-statement

(...) :D I was *hoping* someone would pick up on this. ;) (...) I don't have time to look right this second, but I will check it soon. (...) Right. (...) The input would be a color and a list of points. The output would be a list of LDraw triangle (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldraw DLL - Was: Ldglite must be faster

(...) I'd have to go look it up - bitmap/DIB handle, hDC, hWnd. One of those. (...) There are some options - like polling mode, background color, wireframe mode, etc, etc - that aren't duplicatable within an LDraw file. (...) That sounds more like a (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Ldraw DLL - Was: Ldglite must be faster

(...) I haven't looked at WinHandles in awhile, I don't have a strong preference for which way we go. Of course, if we choose right, we'll get some drawing parameters 'for free' -- I'm thinking (trying to remember) of window size, user-defined (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: 3823.dat doesn't work well with P/48 primitives

(...) If you're BFC'ing, you should rotate them around Z or X, since they are on the bottom of the part. Generally, with BFC, avoid mirror-moves. Stick with rotating, translating (ie, moving), and scaling. Steve (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New Part: (needs Number) - Baseplate 32 x 32 Craters

(...) <snip> obviously! Wow. Thanks Willy. Is this the largest single part ever done? When I sort my parts directory by size it is, and the runner up seems to be 3754P01 (another space part...) I was surprised to see the minifig crossbow in 5th (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: DAT to DXF again

(...) Oops! Cut n paste error. I somehow lost this one. (6 URLs) this helps. Don (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DAT to DXF again

(...) A google search for Autocad and lego turns up these nifty links. (URL) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact