 CAD / 8785
8784  |  8786
Subject:
LDrawDesignPad LDDP 1.2 external program notes.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 14:26:56 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Carsten Schmitz writes:
New version is out now. Get it at http://www.m8laune.de ! • ...
* Fixed problems with long filenames for external programs

With all the nifty new plugins I thought I'd give this a whirl.
Of course I used my personal favorite external viewer program
ldglite.  It mostly works, but I found a few things worth
mentioning.

The tab says "User-defined Programs" (plural) but as far as I
can tell there is only room for one.

I can't understand from the help info what's the difference between
%0 and %3.  When I display the command line, it looks the same to me.

If I create a new "Untitled1" file the user defined program doesn't
work until I save and name it.  %0 sends "Untitled1" on the command
line but ldglite can't find the file.  %2 sends no filename on the
command line.  For both of these l3lab gets a temporary filename like
"09272213.tmp" which seems to work.

That's it for now.  Neat stuff.

Don