 CAD / Development / 7932
Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 13:28:19 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin Clague writes:
Oop.s  I reworked the organization of the code and ended up messing this up.
1.0.0.2 is uploaded now.
Works fine now ;o)
My tests were far from exhaustive though !

I'm not sure what we can do about the total number of triangles or quads.  I
suppose we could introduce more sets of hose cross sections that are longer.
Double the length, halve the number of quads.

I guess there is no perfect solution: modelling curved parts with some
smoothness requires lots of polygons. Fortunately machine power increases!

One possibility though would be to have a dual set of primitives, one hi-res
and the other lo-res, swichable according to rendering quality (similar to
lo-quality studs)

Philo