 CAD / Development / 7927
Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 13:42:47 GMT

Hi Philo,

  I've been working on an algorithm that uses less triangles, and plan to
add a option where the hoses can be made up of hose segments.  Hose segments
should reduce file size, but probably decrease quality.

  I've been beyond the edge of my math abilities for a while and have been
having troubles with direction vectors for individual segments.  I finally
opened up and studied Koen's C++ code.  I rewrote most of it into C, to
force me to understand what the code was doing.  It was interesting because
I'm a stupid ameraican that only knows english, and Koen is from the
Netherlans ;-)  I was able to figure out most of it because the code is well
organized and neatly written.

I'm going to use the up vector mechanism that Leanardo suggested to Koen and
he implemented.

I've got most of the algorithms for rubber bands with pulleys/pins inside or
outside the bands as well as bands that have crossed over on themselves.  I
have not wandered through non-planar arrangements though.

Kevin

In lugnet.cad.dev, Philippe Hurbain writes:
Works fine here too!
But the result files easily gets _BIG_...

Philo

In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin Clague writes:
I figured out how to get it statically linked.  I was able to transfer
lsynth to a friends computer and it ran fine there.  I've uploaded a new
version to http://www.users.qwest.net/~kclague