 CAD / 8766
Re: 3823.dat doesn't work well with P/48 primitives
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 23:24:42 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kyle McDonald wrote:

Kyle McDonald wrote:

Steve Bliss wrote:

1 16 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 2 1-4ring3.dat
1 16 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 2 1-4ring4.dat

(except with the correct positioning and orientation).

I've gotten this to work, but I'm curious about this as a special
case. With the primitives above, I can rotate them about their
Y axis to orient them correctly, *or* I can mirror or reflect them
across their X and Z axes, to 'flip' them into place.

Is there a preference for flipping vs. rotating?

If you're BFC'ing, you should rotate them around Z or X, since they are
on the bottom of the part.  Generally, with BFC, avoid mirror-moves.
Stick with rotating, translating (ie, moving), and scaling.

Steve