 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1502
Re: ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winners for September 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 22:17:06 GMT

Jeroen de Haan wrote:

In lugnet.cad.ray, Kevin Dixon writes:
He he, I'll take that as a complement :)

Thanks!
Kevin

With what did you do that?

Jeroen

Povray 3.5 with the radiosity and focal blur settings.  Check out this
thread:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/ray/?n=1398

and specifically this article on the povray newsgroups:

http://news.povray.org/povray.newusers/26913/190428/#190428

I had to tweak the color values alot, and a few of the other settings,
but it works amazingly well - although render time is loooong.

The train scene took about 12 hours to render with radiosity and focal
blur turned on.  Removing focal blur, it still took about 3-4 hours.
Depends a lot on how many translucent parts you have and how many studs
are showing.

Good luck...

Kevin