 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1512
Re: Excellent rendering...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 18:15:11 GMT

"Anders Isaksson" <isaksson.etuna@REMOVEebox.tninet.se> writes:

I tend to forget what parameters I'm fiddling with, when the
turnaround time goes over one hour.

Yes, I agree.  When fiddling with parameters, I usually render only a
small portion of the scene at the time, to see what effects the
changes have.  Only when I feel fairly confident that the final image
is what I want, I try to render all of it.  Of course, I usually find
some flaws even then, so that I have to repeat the process...

I know (?) there are ways to interrupt a rendering, and continue
later, but haven't taken the time to find out how-to yet.

If you are able to grab the portion which has been rendered (i.e. if
you render to a file format which is readable in truncated form), then
I believe that it is quite easy.  You can render only the lower part
of the scene which you are missing, and then use an image processing
program to concatenate the two parts.  I've done this a few times, but
it is a hassle, so I try to avoid it.

Fredrik