 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1482
Re: Excellent rendering...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 18:55:52 GMT

"Coby Bassett" <coby@tubafrog.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:H2LqHH.Hzo@lugnet.com...
   Here's a little followup about my experimentation (along with a new • test
image-> http://tubafrog.com/temp/442update.jpg ).

   My festivities have hit a big snag when I tried using transparent • pieces.
I guess these pieces send the radiosity rays ascattering, creating a
tremendous load on the system. I have yet to achieve a proper render while
using radiosity and transparent pieces; I am getting black spots all over,
even when cranking up max_trace_level to high levels.

Hmm, I've made some tests too, but not seen anything like what you describe.
Veeerrryyy slow to render with radiosity, though, and a bit difficult to get
the colors I want.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/anders-isak/Test/test.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/anders-isak/Test/test1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/anders-isak/Test/test2.jpg

Absolutely no post-processing done to these (OK, made .jpg of them),
transparent parts in two of them.

Beginning of .pov file:

#declare AMB = 0;
#declare DIF = 0.8;

global_settings {
  assumed_gamma 1
  ambient_light 0
  max_trace_level 25
  adc_bailout 1/150
  radiosity {
    pretrace_start 0.08
    pretrace_end 0.01
    count 300
    error_bound 0.1
    recursion_limit 1
  }
}

... and at the end:

<remove the light sources>

sky_sphere {
  pigment {
    gradient -y
    color_map {
      [0.5 rgb 1.25]
      [1 rgb <.5,.7,1>*1.1]
    }
  }
}

object {
plane { y, 19 hollow }
texture {
  pigment { color rgb 1 }
  finish { ambient 0 diffuse 1 }
}
translate 500*y
}

// Camera (Latitude,Longitude,Radius = 30,45,0)
camera {
    location <-525.469435445558,-342.020153999329,-779.040517801086>
sky      -y
right    -4/3*x
    look_at <-10, -68, -10>
    angle 45
rotate   <0,1e-5,0> // Prevent gap between adjecent quads
//orthographic

focal_point <150,-50,-150>
aperture 25
blur_samples 70
variance 1/1000
}

(With some variation in gamma value and camera location/angle in the
different pictures)

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm