 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1465
Re: Excellent rendering...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 12:03:57 GMT

"Coby Bassett" <coby@tubafrog.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:H212xr.E9p@lugnet.com...

   Based on the setup provided by JRG, I've made a test image of some • space
minifigs:  http://tubafrog.com/temp/morefigs.jpg

That's quite nice! Could you share the POV settings? (I don't understand
your reference 'setup provided by JRG')

   Now, here's my dilemma. I have actually come to appreciate the cartoony
style of my less-realistic renderings. The brighter colors, smooth • textures,
softer lighting seem to project an idealized image of the Lego set rather
than a realistic one.

I think both the 'realistic' and the 'idealized' renderings have their
place. For building instructions, I don't want realism, but clarity. But I
*really* dig a realistic rendering that can fool people it's a photo!

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm