 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1466
Re: lgeo renders wrong part
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 15:31:07 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, travis wrote:

how do you remedy library problems with lgeo?  I just noticed that my part
3939 is being rendered as part 3942. Also my part 73435 is rendered 180
degrees off axis.

You have to modify the *.inc files in your LGEO installation.

An easy way to resolve the problem with part 3939 would be to
rename/delete the file lg_3939.inc.  When L3P can't find this file, it
will use the regular LDraw 3939.dat as the basis for rendering.

A more accurate solution would be to match up the part number changes
from LCAD update 99-03 (see
<http://www.ldraw.org/library/updates/vote9903.txt>) with the LGEO
files, and rename the LGEO files to match the current LDraw files.

I don't have the time to explain a fix for 73435 right now.  If someone
wants to post an updated lg_73435.inc file, that would be great.  A
quick workaround would be to reverse the part in your ldraw model before
rendering it.

Steve