 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1470
Re: lgeo renders wrong part
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 05:27:36 GMT

just to reexplain the problem. 3939 renders as 3942 and 3942 renders as
3943.  while 3943 renders as  LDraw 3943 because there is no 3943. (hahah)

here is the header for my LCAD 3939.dat

0 Slope Brick 33  3 x  6
0 Name: 3939.dat
0 Author: James Jessiman
0 Official L-Cad update 99-03

here is the header for my Lgeo lg_3939.inc

/* LGEO Libray Include File     (C) Chaot!X@weird.cologne.de (Lutz Uhlmann)
*/
/*
*/
/* This file is in no way related to the LEGO(tm) Group.
*/
/* It is provided for private non-commercial use only.
*/
/*
*/
/* lg_3939: Cone 2 x 2 x 2      */

here is the header for my 3942.dat

0 Cone  2 x  2 x  2
0 Name: 3942.dat
0 Author: James Jessiman
0 Original LDraw Part - 2000-02 Update

here is the header for my Lgeo lg_3942.inc

/* LGEO Libray Include File     (C) Chaot!X@weird.cologne.de (Lutz Uhlmann)
*/
/*
*/
/* This file is in no way related to the LEGO(tm) Group.
*/
/* It is provided for private non-commercial use only.
*/
/*
*/
/* lg_3942: Cone 4 x 4 x 2 */

as we can see these aren't the same parts.  The lgeo librarys don't have the
correct slope (the slope 33 3 x 6. part 3939) that started this whole thing
in the first place...

An easy way to resolve the problem with part 3939 would be to
rename/delete the file lg_3939.inc.  When L3P can't find this file, it
will use the regular LDraw 3939.dat as the basis for rendering.

This I tried.  Reconverted my .dat to .pov in L3PAdd-On and then I moved the
incorrectly two problematic files to C:/LDRAW/badfiles/.  And after I open
the .pov in POV-Ray 3.1 and set and render, it errors on, get this, the
lg_3942.inc file with an error in the status line that reads:

error: Cannot open include file lg_3942.inc Check that the file is in a
directory specified with a +L sithch or 'Library_Path='

so I put it back, and receive the same error for lg_3939.inc.  Why is it
still trying to use these files even though they are no longer there?

A more accurate solution would be to match up the part number changes
from LCAD update 99-03 (see
<http://www.ldraw.org/library/updates/vote9903.txt>) with the LGEO
files, and rename the LGEO files to match the current LDraw files.

I'm going to try this next...

thanks for your help so far...  I can't wait to lick this one ... Rendering
is my newest passion.

-tk