 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1471
Re: Excellent rendering...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 10:30:38 GMT

"Anders Isaksson" <isaksson.etuna@REMOVEebox.tninet.se> writes:

"Coby Bassett" <coby@tubafrog.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:H212xr.E9p@lugnet.com...

   Based on the setup provided by JRG, I've made a test image of some •  space
minifigs:  http://tubafrog.com/temp/morefigs.jpg

That's quite nice! Could you share the POV settings? (I don't
understand your reference 'setup provided by JRG')

If you haven't already, check the link that Lars C Hassing posted to
the POV-Ray users' forum.  The "JRG" person posted his custom colour
and finish declarations there.  It's interesting to note that he
achieves the effect by disposing of the light sources completely.
Instead he uses 100% diffusion and 0% ambient.  The light and shadow
effect is achieved by using reflection and radiosity.

I also like the effect that Kari Kivisalo achieved by using what he
calls the "light dome/light tent" setup.  Do anybody know what this
setup involves?

Fredrik