 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1404
Re: Excellent rendering...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 20:35:09 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
Jacob Sparre Andersen <sparre@nbi.dk> writes:

Yes. Has POV-Ray implemented rendering with proper optical effects
like varying focus? I can not remember how it is done, but it would
be a cool option to have available.

If it's not in the latest POV-Ray version, then it is at least in
Mega-POV-Ray.  I don't remember right now...

Adding a focal length won't make a POV rendering look that good, though.
The reason it looks so good is because the renderer that rendered it appears
to be very very good.  I imagine the fact that is illuminated with an area
light is in large part responsible for the illusion of reality.

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com)