 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1535
Re: Excellent rendering...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 21:55:14 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Anders Isaksson writes:

2 days and some hours! Do you have more than one computer? I would get itchy
not having a computer available for two whole days :-)

Well, actually I have (1). But I used the +c switch In POV-Ray so I did most
of the rendering at night; my wife doesn't like that the computer is on all
day. It's a pretty good option because it goes on where you stopped it. Mind
you, you have to switch it of when you are tweaking POV-files, else it won't
work.

Jeroen

(1) actually I have 4, a trusty old 486 with a whopping 32MB memory and an
even better 230 MB harddisk. I use it for running a MIDI-only Cubase which
it does very well. There is also an Apple PowerMac 8100, an iMac for e-mail
and internet and a 800MHz PC for LDraw...