 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1506
Re: Excellent rendering...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 15:39:10 GMT

"Fredrik Glöckner" <fredrigl@math.uio.no> skrev i meddelandet
news:qrdadltp2jr.fsf@priapos.uio.no...

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/anders-isak/IdeaBookInspiration/playtable0
02.jpg

I like it!  The mirror in the background is a nice touch.  Is the
mirror slightly uneven?  Or am I just seeing things?

You are not 'just seeing things'. I took some time to work with the 'bumps'
in the mirror, to make it look more natural - at least most of my mirrors at
home are not perfectly flat.

// Mirror
polygon
{
  4,
  <0,0>, <0,1>, <1,1>, <1,0>
  finish {
    ambient .2
    diffuse .6
    specular .75
    roughness 0.001
    reflection 1.0
  }
  scale <2800,1800,1>
  normal { bumps 0.0015 scale 60 }
  rotate -90*z
  translate <-900, 1220, 1750>
}

The only problem is, I'd need a computer ten times faster to really have a
chance to test many different settings. This rendering was started in the
(late) evening, and was finished about the same time I went up next
morning...

Did you notice the two 2x2 bricks I dropped on the floor while building?

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm