 CAD / 8768
Re: Ldraw DLL - Was: Ldglite must be faster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 03:34:53 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Anders Isaksson wrote:

On second thoughts, it might be better to pass the DIB as the rendering
surface, but I don't know if this is easily done from VB.

I'd have to go look it up - bitmap/DIB handle, hDC, hWnd.  One of those.

If all the Ldglite command line parameters had a LDRAW metacommand, all
that'is needed is the LDRAW line.

There are some options - like polling mode, background color, wireframe
mode, etc, etc - that aren't duplicatable within an LDraw file.

Note, I'm thinking of a dll with 'memory', not just rendering an existing
file - it's up to me to send the "0 CLEAR" command to remove parts sent
previously.

That sounds more like a piped connection, maybe?

   open HPIPE, "|ldglite";
   print HPIPE BigLDrawCodeBuffer;
   DoOtherStuff;
   print HPIPE MoreLDrawCode;