 CAD / 8633
Re: Ldglite must be faster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 20:17:15 GMT

"Steve Bliss" <partsref@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:s5q9nuc5pr24nbvmrsvitiffojjuu1r2up@4ax.com...
In lugnet.cad, Anders Isaksson wrote:

Another (Windows) wish: I would very much like to see a .dll (with some
standardized interface) implementing LDRAW rendering on a supplied dc - • then
it would be sooo easy to build all those little helper programs, adding
functionality around the basic rendering engine.

Yah, I second this.  I've wanted one of these for years.  Even better
(for me) would be an ActiveX custom control.  I *think* one DLL could
support both approaches.

Just fix a DLL and it can be embedded into an ActiveX for anyone who thinks
he really needs it... (An ActiveX control is just a DLL with a standardized
(slow) interface).

Or, for that matter, it could be a separate process (LDRAW Graphics Server),
which might be easier to port to other systems. Then I can send WM_COPYDATA
messages to it :-))

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm