 CAD / 8763
Re: Ldraw DLL - Was: Ldglite must be faster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 18:21:41 GMT

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam.go.away.com> skrev i meddelandet

I'm not sure why, but this popped into my head last night.  I think
perhaps it may not be all that hard to do.  The basic ingredients are
already there in the winOffScreenStart() function of ldglite.  I'd just
have to convert it to use the hDC passed to it instead of creating
one with a DIB.  I just might attempt this as a learning experience
since I don't think I've ever created a DLL before.

On second thoughts, it might be better to pass the DIB as the rendering
surface, but I don't know if this is easily done from VB.

So, what sort of "flavor" were you thinking about for the sLDrawCode
parameter?  Should this perhaps be two parameters?  A dat file line
string and a rendering options string the like what you'd get on the
ldglite command line?  Or could the command line options be tacked on
at the end of the ldraw line to make it one string.  That way you could
skip the options if you want the default projection, lighting, line
size and quality, etc.

If all the Ldglite command line parameters had a LDRAW metacommand, all
that'is needed is the LDRAW line.

Note, I'm thinking of a dll with 'memory', not just rendering an existing
file - it's up to me to send the "0 CLEAR" command to remove parts sent
previously.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm