 CAD / 8665
8664  |  8666
Subject:
dragNdrop (Was: Ldglite must be faster)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 19:53:47 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse writes:
Actually, while it doesn't support WM_COPYDATA, I did just add a
function to ldglite (for Windows) to paste text from the clipboard
into the LEDIT emulation mode on a CTRL-V.  So now it can get
part names indirectly from LDList via the clipboard.  Pretty neat!
The really nice part for me is you can do everything without touching
the mouse by using ALT-TAB to switch between the two windows.

Next I'll have to see what GLUT does with the X selection buffer.
Also, what's involved in Windows Drag N Drop?

Let me clarify this.  I think I have drag-N-drop from Windows Explorer
under control.  That uses WM_DROPFILES messages and the protocol is
described on the internet.  I'll have to see what I can do when someone
drags a whole list of part files into the LEDIT mode.  I could swear
there was some sort of discussion about that sort of thing a few years
back...

Anyhow, I was wondering what's in those two WM_COPYDATA messages
from LDList.  Is there some reason why LDList uses that instead of
WM_DROPFILES?

Don

This gets me thinking, I wonder what they're using for dragNdrop
on linux these days, or Mac OS-X?