 CAD / 8667
Re: dragNdrop (Was: Ldglite must be faster)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 17:09:40 GMT

Don Heyse wrote:

This gets me thinking, I wonder what they're using for dragNdrop
on linux these days,

It appears to be a mess of desktop system specific protocols
(KDE and Gnome) in addition to the standard X11 "clip board"
(see section L.2, "Peer-to-Peer Communications via
Selections", pp. 370 in "X Protocol Reference Manual") which
is The Right Way(tm) to do it.

Play well,

Jacob
--