 CAD / 8632
Re: Ldglite must be faster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 20:10:11 GMT

"Steve Bliss" <partsref@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:7ir9nug2rp1shdklfcrbbrh3nq8bulbnb4@4ax.com...

The basic thing is the WM_COPYDATA Windows message is being used to pass
data between two programs.
[...]
One bad thing about this interface - I just crashed Explorer (on Windows
2000) by dragging a part from LDList onto the Taskbar.  Oops!

Interesting. Must be some undocumented Windows behaviour - the WM_COPYDATA
message is described as _the_ way to do inter-process communication (in
fact, DDE is only a wrapper around this message, more or less). I'll have to
do some tests on XP...

But why would you want to drop a part on the taskbar :-)

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm