 CAD / 8668
Re: dragNdrop (Was: Ldglite must be faster)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 16:01:05 GMT

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam.go.away.com> skrev i meddelandet

Anyhow, I was wondering what's in those two WM_COPYDATA messages
from LDList.

If you read Pascal, take a look at the LDList source, it is both source and
sink for the D&D of LDRAW parts that I (and Steve) defined. Otherwise I have
to dig out the old mails exchanged between me and Steve - there's never been
a complete writeup of the 'protocol', it just evolved...

Is there some reason why LDList uses that instead of WM_DROPFILES?

For simplicity's sake. A WM_COPYDATA message was very simple to program, no
need for me to read up on COM D&D, which I had never done at the time (and I
still think it's *real* overkill for sending a little text between two
applications).

Also, a side track of LDList, that's never been utilized, is the possibility
to limit your pieces to a certain 'set', decrementing the count when you
drag a piece out of LDList, incrementing again if the editor program sends
the right message back.

The important thing with using messages of our own, is that you don't *have*
to physically drag something with the mouse, and drop somewhere else. The
messages may be generated in any way (for example by the 'delete' button in
the editor).

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm