 CAD / 8669
Re: Wanted features for ldglite
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 20:07:19 GMT

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for the suggestions.  I could use a bit more information
on some of these.

In lugnet.cad, Eduardo Vazquez Harte writes:
+ Full screen and window mode

According to the readme.txt file -v-1 and -v-2 are supposed to
do some sort of fullscreen modes.  It seems to be somewhat broken
though.  I'll have to look into it.  Also according to the readme.txt
file you can enter fullscreen mode with f10 and exit it with f9.
I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for though.

+ Improve list of parts to search when looking to add a new part to a model

I'm not sure what you're looking to improve here.  I don't think there
is ANY list of parts to improve on.  Do you want me to add it?  If so,
what should it look like.  (LDRAW, LDList, something else?)  I'm in the
process of adding support for drag and drop from Windows Explorer and
LDList, and cut and paste support from LDList (or any text file I suppose)

+ MPD support

What sort of MPD support?  Ldglite displays MPD files.  Are you looking
for some special LEDIT mode commands for editing MPD files?  If so,
please describe what you're looking for.

+ Command line switches this is not dos or linux console.

I have no idea what you mean by this one.

+++ I want ldglite to be like mlcad when I select a line

Example: we have a model of 6 parts.

Name Model.LDR
1 part.dat
1 part.dat
1 part.dat
1 part.dat
1 part.dat
1 part.dat

If I select part 4 it show fram 1 to 4 and hides 5 and 6.

I think this might be in the Options menu of LEDIT mode.  Look for
the Draw-to-Current command.  Apparently you found another bug though.
It doesn't automatically redraw everything.  You have to force it
to redraw the first time by spinning the model or changing the
viewpoint.

How can I move the camera not rotate it or the model but move
it show I can work well with big model like towns?

I'm working on this for the next release.  There are some command
line options and key commands documented in the readme.txt file.
Search for the word "camera".  However, I'm changing most of this
before the next release.  If you want, I can post another pre 0.9.6
BETA executable of ldglite so you can try out the new camera stuff
and the cut and paste from LDList and make more suggestions.  Be
warned, though the BETA code is not exactly stable.

Don