 CAD / 8676
Re: dragNdrop (Was: Ldglite must be faster)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 15:25:42 GMT

Happy day... inspired, I learned how to implement window drag & drop in
BrickDraw3D, and made part list and part viewer windows send each other a
string (part id). Still no dragging into a model, but, it's a start.

For the curious, I made LDragAndDrop another base class of PartView, read
the Drag Manager api, and found how all those apis get called by LDragTask,
filled in virtual methods and used that...

I'd like to know what the 'protocol' is so I can meet expectations. Such as
dragging any line from any text editor - what responses are reasonable?

For strings dragged in:
1. Part number
2. Color name with Part number
3. Color number, part number
3. Auczilla: "6 red 2x4 hooziwhatsits"
4. Peeron format (yeah, just implement it)
5. Whole line of LDRAW with matrices and location - honor location?

I'm inclined to think that a part dragged from one model to another model
window should bring rotation ,but not bring location information with it,
and be placed where the mouse is (unless SHIFT key held, for instance.)

-Erik