 CAD / 8606
Re: Ldglite must be faster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 15:19:51 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Eduardo Vazquez Harte writes:
I think we need a tool to search for parts like the one comes in mlcad.

You're right, of course.  Ldglite needs to be faster, and it would also
benefit from a nice parts searching tool.  Do you think you could
elaborate a bit on the particular features of the mlcad search tool that
you like best?  For example does having it integrated in the same window
make it substantially easier than using an external program like LDList?

  http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/ldlist.htm

Or the VEC in LDAO?

  http://www.ldraw.org/download/win/ldao

Or the HTML or a paper copy printed from printable parts catalog?

  http://www.nightsolo.net/lego/index.html

I personally prefer using the printed catalog, but everyone has their
own preferences.  The thing to find out is why.  Obviously non-Windows
users have less options.  Hmmm, I think LDList may be a delphi program
so parts of it might be portable.  It might even be possible to
backport some of it to C and plug it into ldglite since both programs
are at least partly based on LDLite.  I can't remember if the source
to LDList is available though.  However I'm pretty sure Anders
has posted the delphi source to his BlockCad program, so maybe we
could get the source to LDList as well.

And speaking of BlockCad, I think there's a Windows 3.1 version, so
if you've got a really, really old PC lying around you can still
use it to play with the bricks.

Don