 CAD / 8612
Re: Ldglite must be faster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 18:42:36 GMT

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam.go.away.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:H1tH93.DFA@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.cad, Eduardo Vazquez Harte writes:
I think we need a tool to search for parts like the one comes in mlcad.

You're right, of course.  Ldglite needs to be faster, and it would also
benefit from a nice parts searching tool.  Do you think you could
elaborate a bit on the particular features of the mlcad search tool that
you like best?  For example does having it integrated in the same window
make it substantially easier than using an external program like LDList?

  http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/ldlist.htm

Hey, is anyone _using_ ldlist? I don't even get questions asking why it
doesn't work...

Does anyone know you can press CTRL-C in ldlist and paste the part number in
any other (text) editing program?

It also implements a drag-and-drop interface for anyone interested - you can
drag a part from ldlist and drop on ... - oh well, nobody wanted to
implement the receiving code in their editors, but it's there.

Hmmm, I think LDList may be a delphi program

Yes, Delphi 2 is the only version that can compile the current source (If
it's compilable at all, loading it up in D5 usually breaks something
backwards...).

so parts of it might be portable.  It might even be possible to
backport some of it to C and plug it into ldglite since both programs
are at least partly based on LDLite.

There's not much to backport, most of the code is the (buggy Q&D) Pascal
port of a very early ldlite, the rest are a couple of lines of UI (User
Interface) code, the incremental selection of the part list being the main
part.

I can't remember if the source to LDList is available though.

Not for the moment, but I could put it on the Web Site if there's any (real)
interest.

Another (Windows) wish: I would very much like to see a .dll (with some
standardized interface) implementing LDRAW rendering on a supplied dc - then
it would be sooo easy to build all those little helper programs, adding
functionality around the basic rendering engine.

Happy building,
--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm