 CAD / 8620
Re: Ldglite must be faster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 16:56:46 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Anders Isaksson wrote:

Hey, is anyone _using_ ldlist? I don't even get questions asking why it
doesn't work...

I am.  I actually started using it again recently.  Generally, I find
LDList faster than any other option.

Does anyone know you can press CTRL-C in ldlist and paste the part number in
any other (text) editing program?

Nope, I didn't know that.  Thanks for mentioning it! :)

It also implements a drag-and-drop interface for anyone interested - you can
drag a part from ldlist and drop on ... - oh well, nobody wanted to
implement the receiving code in their editors, but it's there.

I wanted to, but I got bogged.  I'm currently looking for the
information I previously had...

Another (Windows) wish: I would very much like to see a .dll (with some
standardized interface) implementing LDRAW rendering on a supplied dc - then
it would be sooo easy to build all those little helper programs, adding
functionality around the basic rendering engine.

Yah, I second this.  I've wanted one of these for years.  Even better
(for me) would be an ActiveX custom control.  I *think* one DLL could
support both approaches.

Steve