 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4300
Re: New Part: (needs Number) - Baseplate 32 x 32 Craters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 07:45:20 GMT

could you
or somebody else upload a picture of the original part. taken from
above, with a long lense: 120 mm (hires please - file size doesn't
matter) and send me the link?

There's a fairly clear picture in Ralf Herbers's baseplate reference
Note that since this version has studs inside the craters, it would
technically be a part variation with pattern, not just a patterned version
of the part. . .

hmm ... the pattern on the hill is far more complex than I ever thought :-(. just putting the hill into a subpart wouldn't do the
job. at this point I'll post the part to the PT without a hilly subpart. it just would require to much time (I spent the last 4
month modelling this part and now I'm sick of it) and effort (to get an original  6190 Shark's Crystal Cave version) to adapt the
hill for both versions.

regarding the optional line I'll add a empty subpart. everybody is invited to take a stap at it, I would take no offense at all.

Willy