 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4294
Re: New Part: (needs Number) - Baseplate 32 x 32 Craters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 21:26:20 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Willy Tschager writes:
The only thing I can see that it's missing are the
optional (linetype 5) lines on the free-form surface, but unless you have
some way to automatically generate those, I don't think there is anything
that can be done about that.

I think ... max2dat can generate them. I have to check it. What are they for? I just started part-authoring in spring and I'm still
not familiar with all the specifications.

They are used on curved surfaces so that they can receive an outline when
edge lines are drawn.  My program, LDView, can also use them as indicators
of a curved surface, and use smooth shading.  In fact, the lack of smooth
shading was my first clue that the optional lines were missing.

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com)