 CAD / 8775
Re: LPub - LEGO Publication made easy!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 13:32:27 GMT

Hi,
  I wanted to mention that LPub is useful even if you are not working on a
book, or web pages.  It can be used to make building instructions from other
peoples' DATs.  It has an advantage over MLCAD in that it shows you pictures
of the parts added in each step.

  LPub also can be used to create single images like L3PAO.  It supports
every L3P, and POV-Ray option supported by L3PAO, except for stepclock
things.  It also supports more POV-Ray options than L3PAO.

  FOr those who want to report bugs, your fastest resposes will come if you
email a copy of what you post to LUGNET.  I'm not as diligent about reading
LUGNET as I am about reaind email.

Thanks,
Kevin

In lugnet.announce, Kevin L. Clague writes:
I'm proud to annouce my first LEGO CAD program called LPub.  LPub stands for
LEGO Publisher.  It is designed to automatically produce step by step
building instructions from your LDRAW format designs.  It uses L3P, POV-Ray
and MEGA-POV (if you have it installed) to create beautiful back and white
or color images of your design.  LPub can also produce web pages that walk
you through the sequence of assembly steps.