 CAD / Development / 7938
Re: Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 00:55:07 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky writes:
My work schedule has allowed me to do a lot of work on my Minifig Generator
(there's not much to do at 1:00 AM when I get off work).  The fruits of my
labor is version 1.1

Get it here:
http://www.pobursky.com/Ldraw.htm

New in this version:
-Added L3Lab preview support
-Fixed tool rotation problem
-Made an INI file to facilitate customization (see MiniPart.ini for details)
-Fixed a few error handling routines

To Do List:
-Add ability to move the position of tools (Half done via .ini file)
-Add the ability to convert old style minifigs to new style
-Add headgear accessories (e.g. visor, feather, etc...)
-Add ability to set the initial postion of the minifig

If I get enough response, I'm considering making this a stand alone prrgram
as well.  Let me know if this would be useful.

Please post/email any requests, comments, bugs reports, and questions.

-Orion

Hi Orion,

You do just the plugins we need.
You and Carsten Schmidt are a winning pair.

Your minifig editor is still so young, I suppose much remains to do.
Yet great flexibility, I have successfully added unofficial Minifig Whip,
official Right Leg Wooden and Tricorne with Plume:
  2488=t,0,6,0
  2488Old=t,-4,2,0
  773=Y
  2544c01=Y

* Can you compact & reduce the dialog so it is usable with my usual 800x600
resolution ?
* Flippers collide
* Corrections to be made in Minipart.ini
  6123Old=t,-4,12,0
  Trans Dark Blue=33
* For fine-tuned controls, can you :
  change both arms at first arm color selection
  change both legs at first leg color selection
  change both hands at first hand color selection
  change both shooes at first shoe selection
  add possible torso/tool default color in Minipart.ini
  sort colors not alphabetically but according usage frequency
  sort parts by name, not by number
  allow keyboard entry at least in numeric controls
* My priority in your todo list is obviously headgear accessories. Because
feather is currently covered by 2544c01 you can concentrate on visors
(space, diver, aviator and ice planet)
* I do not need a stand-alone program, I prefer integration in LDDP

Greetings,

Damien