 Trains / *14969 (-100)
  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

In lugnet.announce, John Neal writes: <snip> Kudos, comments and kvetches First, I think this is a great idea, collecting these in one place. John is too modest because a lot of this groundswell of adopting fallen flags is due to his own tireless (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) I'd want to clean mine up a bit first...I just slapped it together, and the letter forms need to be cleaned up to better match the original. Other than that, see what Adrian and everybody else thinks, and get back to me. I'd really like you (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

<Snipped from John> (...) Wow! Do either one of you guys mind if we use one of these logos? These are great. Robert (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) I threw this together: (URL) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) Funny you should mention it..... here's a logo based on the SP: (URL) know of others (none more famous); I can go digging. -John (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) <Sticking my head into trains> You could go to Travel Town! I LOVED that place when I was a kid! I'd think that for a "Southern California" logo, you'd want Western Pacific or Pacific Electric. Matt (Steam-head as a child...don't know why I (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) It really depends on what you are looking for. There is the PE logo (which is a definite), and then a bunch of smaller lines-I cannot think of names off hand, but there were some SP narrow gauge lines which might yield interesting logos, and (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

Very cool! John, do you know where I can find out about defunct railroads from the Southern California area? Our club has been searching for a logo and haven't come up with anything we are in love with. We have our first show coming up in December (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  anyone coming to the Train show this weekend in Milwaukee?

Hi all, I have been hearing commercials on the radio for the "midwest's largest model railroad show" that is happening this weekend here in Milwaukee at the State fair grounds. Is anyone here planning on going there? Specifically, are any Lego train (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.trains.org.niltc)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) lol too late;-) Check it out now: (URL) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) if you want to look for an easier one to clean up, we just typed B&O into images.google.com... 'sides, it's no big deal :) Dan (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) All righty-- lemme see if I can clean that up and substitute it.... -John (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

(...) version of the B&O logo we got from some weird train history book that Tom has... something more like this - it has the extra circle with the text: (URL) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives

There has been a cool tendency of many LEGO Train Clubs to pattern their logos after fallen flags (logos from defunct railroads) that once operated in the region where those clubs reside. I thought that folk might find it interesting if I posted all (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !!

  Re: Brickish Railways newcomer

(...) All inclusive: flight, Hotel and of course the trip on the real Desert Express. (...) I contacted them after reading about the DX for the first time in the newspaper (Aug. 2000) and I asked for some colored pictures, because there was just an (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steve Barile's article at Trains.com

(...) offset. I've also added a decal on the opposite side of the logo that says "CP Rail". Dean (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Center Beam lumber car

That looks 6 wide??? Whas up? :) JohnG, Conan(like he'll answer ;P ) Was the center beam held in by 1/2 offset plates on the bottom oriented side-to-side and 1/2 offset plates on the top end-to-end; studs into plate tubes? SteveB (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NGLTC winds up building session at Children's hopsital

(...) Kudos, JT. I especially like your creative approach to club event scheduling. Usually, it is the LUGs crossing over to do train shows; I really like the concept of train clubs doing non train-specific events. Your model has encouraged me and I (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  New Train Station For Future MichLUG/TLC Events

To All, Well, I went and did it. A Big Thanks goes to Tony Hedglen and Jason Spears, members of MichLUG, who helped build, and design the station. It was initially going to be an expanded older station, with some modern improvements, but since I (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Center Beam lumber car

(...) Very nice, Steve. Sorry I didn't respond sooner-- reading LUGNet through the web interface is still new to me and I end up missing this thread:-/ It reminds me of a design Conan and J-1 built a few years ago. I'm not aware of any decent pics (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Center Beam lumber car

(...) Nope - BRICKS go in boxcars, or hopper cars! <keep running!> I think a few of these in green, blue or dark red (dreaming) would look really good together. And since they're a fairly lightweight design, we could pull a bunch of them without (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NGLTC winds up building session at Children's hopsital

(...) tree. (...) community. -Jason (URL) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Steve Barile's article at Trains.com

(...) I know, it is my design. they can be see here: (URL) here at Train2 (URL) Hi, (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Brickish Railways newcomer

(...) They probably almost certainly did not build them. Building diesels is non trivial. That loco just LOOKS North American to me, it well could be an export model. I want to say it looked Alcoish but I could be wrong. (...) And a great first (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Center Beam lumber car

(...) Hmm... are you saying that if it was on the GMLTC layout it would need a load of BRICKS??? <runs faster> It is an awesome model. So build a bunch and keep one or two empty. (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NGLTC winds up building session at Children's hopsital

(...) Dean (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Center Beam lumber car

What, hide all that hard work! ;) SteveB (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NGLTC winds up building session at Children's hopsital

(...) :) Dan (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NGLTC winds up building session at Children's hopsital

(...) Whoa, nice doorprize! What a lovely gesture! (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  NGLTC winds up building session at Children's hopsital

Today the North Georgia LEGO Train club had our building session at the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. Here we had helpers of all ages building ornaments to go on our special LEGO decorated tree for this years Atlanta Festival of Trees. The (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ga)

  Re: Brickish Railways newcomer

(...) hi Larry, nice to read, that the Desert Express still is in mind of some AFOLs on the web. I build the loco as close to the real picture which is also in the gallery. I have no idea, if it's an american loco. The Desert Express operates in (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brickish Railways newcomer

(...) It is now nearly 1 year old: it has been published first in late 2000 and displayed then first time to the public at our christmas-train meeting in the airport of Braunschweig: (URL) this picture the train is set to the track (Homa is the man (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Center Beam lumber car

(...) That looks *great*! All it needs now is a load of PLYWOOD... <G, D & R!!> JohnG, GMLTC (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Center Beam lumber car

Oh boy, I only saw the instructions on James' brickshelf. Sorry to claim the top channel idea as my own. I wonder if I saw that before, forget it, then remembered it as my own? Oops! I really like your version, it was my sole inspiration. But (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Center Beam lumber car

(...) Steve, looks great! Thanks for the recognition! Did you try the building instructions for James and my Center beam at (URL) If so, how did you like it? Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sample Pics of my Upcoming Rolling stock for the Trains 2001 Event

(...) Supposed to be a wink.... (...) Thats why I love 8-wide... I've been fooling with the 2x4x4 half round panels lately. By putting a 1 stud center between them, like in the truck in set #6562 < (URL) >, you get an oval tank thats 5-wide. I'm (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Center Beam lumber car

That looks great Steve. Very impressive. -Jason (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sample Pics of my Upcoming Rolling stock for the Trains 2001 Event

(...) Thanks. That tank car was a real BEAR to take pics of... I've tried several times before finally getting some decent ones. It's a little small for the scale but it looks very prototypical. Dean (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sample Pics of my Upcoming Rolling stock for the Trains 2001 Event

(...) Says you... SMILE (...) Oops. I rely on the spell checker too much... (...) I've wanted a whole fleet of decent tank cars but it's hard with LEGO to do round. A six wide round would be perfect... Dean (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steve Barile's article at Trains.com

(...) show posted to Brickself. (...) Dean (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Steve Barile's article at Trains.com

(...) Hi, I like your engine and box car, specially this one (URL) me a car that I had at Train2 in Toronto last summer, who seed that canadian can't make good MOC? ;-) They will be displayed next week-end at a train show in Montreal suburb. Can't (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Sample Pics of my Upcoming Rolling stock for the Trains 2001 Event

(...) They're not real until they are 8-wide ;-)... I'll show them this year. They run a lot (...) One p in sloped, it looks like you're trying to say its sloppy. I have to add the # on my locos too! (...) Thats cool! I've had tank car ideas for (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sample Pics of my Upcoming Rolling stock for the Trains 2001 Event

Nice work, Dean. That tanker is by far my favorite. -- Bob Fay "Dean Husby" <nntp@akasa.bc.ca> wrote in message news:3BE43B78.78CCE4...a.bc.ca... (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gray VS. Black Metroliner Nose

(...) There's a LEGO outlet store in Dawsonville, GA (about an hour north of Atlanta) at an outlet mall. They received a shipment of 10001 and 10002 on Thursday. (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steve Barile's article at Trains.com

(...) They are not ALL like that. It's just the ones that do stand out. I had that issue last week when I was in a hobby shop. This youth was being quite sarcastic... Oh well. (...) Very true. Our layout last time was 9x9 and now it's 18x13. It's (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Sample Pics of my Upcoming Rolling stock for the Trains 2001 Event

"What I DON'T like is when the 'other' train guys mock us because our Trains are not 'Real Trains'. I'll show them this year. They run a lot of CN stock up here in Canada. So I've made a CN engine and some box cars to show them what prototypical (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steve Barile's article at Trains.com

(...) The 8-wide wars... heh heh. That's good. Dean (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Can LEGO produce track in picture?

One gap is used in Block Control, but two gaps can be used in RCX Control. Because RCX control uses program to control tracks based on sensor's signal, when they aare different poarity on tracks of one gap due to program's bug or signal's mistake, (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Can LEGO produce track in picture?

What are you using a piece like this for? I don't understand why you have the gap in the tie. I can understand on set of gaps in the rail but why the two set of gaps in the same piece? jt (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Center Beam lumber car

(...) I love it! I wanted to build one for a while. I think I'll go with a simpler design though. Josh (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Q for Brit train people...

(...) I can find out next week when I get back into the office. If anyone else can sort Kevin out before then please feel free. Psi (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Q for Brit train people...

I'm trying to find out about the lamp codes used on brake vans, especially what the side lamps consisted of (lens colors) and were used for. I did some web searching the other day but couldn't find anything specific. Anybody know, of have a link (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Can LEGO produce track in picture?

(...) Certainly possible to ask. If accompanied by a business case with firm ROI numbers it may be more convincing, though. (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Can LEGO produce track in picture?

I hope LEGO can produce track (curve track is similar) as in picture (URL) kind of tracks are very valuable and useful when using RCX to control train, is it possible to ask LEGO to make them? Zhnegrong ---...--- Zhengrong Zang's RCX Controlled LEGO (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steve Barile's article at Trains.com

(...) instance, no mention of the 8-wide wars of recent years :-) Keep it up. Jason J Railton (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Brickish Railways newcomer

(...) EMD steerable truck? That's recent and improves running performance on 6 axle locos. Doesn't bend as much as the ones we do of course. I used a variant on this idea (ball and socket parts rather than the roundend plate and pin) in my Big Red, (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Center Beam lumber car

(...) The "Center Beam" is a bit thick but I don't know any way around that. I think this and your Tanker car are a couple of my favorite pieces of rolling stock. I have a copy of your tanker (thanks for the instructions!!) and it is by far the (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Center Beam lumber car

By standing on the shoulders of giants I created a Center Beam lumber car. Clearly Jake McKee and James Mathis came up with the oval opening that inspired me to build this model. Some of the obstacles left to solve was, creating and mounting the (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steve Barile's article at Trains.com

(...) Like the CN engine...it looks strangely familiar... ;) (...) Here here! And so we must get the word out! Write some articles about your projects for Trains.com! (...) I actually used the very very few 1x windows that I had for my two color (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Gray VS. Black Metroliner Nose

(...) Where and how? Dean (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Boston & Maine "High Nose"...

I've been thinking of this for a while but my house's celings are too low. Josh (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gray VS. Black Metroliner Nose

(...) The Flying Time Vessel <set:6493> has one- that's the only grey one I know of. The top slope piece came in grey on the Whirlwind Rescue chopper <set:8856>. -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gray VS. Black Metroliner Nose

(...) I prefer the gray nose but where do I get the gray noses? I have checked on BrickBay but only found black ones. BTW: I just got my Metroliner and Club Car today. Purchased LOCALLY! (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Boston & Maine "High Nose"...

(...) Must be wierd living in a "hose" :-)... (...) You definitely have the space, our ceilings are just under 9'. Which makes me aske how tall are you? I am about 5'10", the railway is about 7'8" and dust doesn't collect on the bottom side of the (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steve Barile's article at Trains.com

(...) <snip>> (...) I prefer the 3 windows across the front, the half stuff offset kind of looks like something is missing. I did find that if you used 3 framed windows it looked to crowded in the front. So I found that if you use two framed windows (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Boston & Maine "High Nose"...

"Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message news:GM6uz8.9pG@lugnet.com... (...) take a (...) I have questions about the shelf railway (although I like your new engine as well). I showed my wife pictures when you first announced it a while (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steve Barile's article at Trains.com

(...) Hmmm... We (NELUG) don't really have that problem. We actually get lots of comments from the other train guys when they come to check us out. Sure we lifted some eyebrows the first time we showed but we won most of them over pretty quickly. I (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Boston & Maine "High Nose"...

Well this is my first MOC in several months but last night I decided to take a Time Out from life and connect a few bricks. The results follow... (URL) you can see I have again used Decals although I did include pre-decal pictures for referance. (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brickish Railways newcomer

(...) That looks really neat. I'm pretty sure I've seen something like that in use on a real loco somewhere. Psi (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brickish Railways newcomer

(...) (URL) the same DESERT EXPRESS project) STILL is something to stare at for long periods and get ideas from, even after some time has went by (was this 1999 or 2000 or earlier this year that this burst upon the scene, I forget...) If you like (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steve Barile's article at Trains.com

Thanks Larry. In fact in took the entire PNLTC to edit it into a readable form, then the trains.com editors had a shot at it! I actually can write if I concentrate ;) SteveB PNLTC P.S. Did you guys see "A brief history of “L” gauge trains". I (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Brickish Railways newcomer

(...) Another idea is to provide rotation in the middle of the truck ... I did something along these lines for my German Railway Gun: (URL) this case, two of the axles are fixed with respect to each other, and the third is allowed to pivot. A (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brickish Railways newcomer

(...) But I suspect that, given the height to the studs on top of the wheelblocks, these bogeys are taller than normal. Either that, or they don't pivot anywhere over the centre wheel. Not that either of these is a major problem. Jason J Railton (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brickish Railways newcomer

(...) For e.g. the German 8-wide HoMa has done it: (URL) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  I'm moving!

Hi people, I'm moving from my parents place to live with my girlfriend in a house of our own, so I'm currently not building much and not actively participating in LUGNET. I think next month everything will be done (lots of painting etc. to do in (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickish Railways newcomer

(...) It is very workable... I can't rattle off the URLs but I think several US prototype 6 axle locos have been done that use this sliding center wheel idea on their dummy trucks. Christopher Tracey??? Tom Cook? Not sure who. But it's in this group (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steve Barile's article at Trains.com

"Each show will have its own set of complications and the layout will hardly ever turn out like planned. But that's OK, because the sheer number of bricks will simply mesmerize the visitors. And they won’t be able to stop themselves from saying, “I (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Brickish Railways newcomer

(...) Depends. If you want it to include a motor, try putting a 2x2 turntable on the back of the motor, then two 1x4 or 1x6 tiles just on the edge of the turntable, and attach another wheelblock to that, trailing behind the motor. If this isn't (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Steve Barile's article at Trains.com

Appy polly logies if this is a repost but I just found it. (URL) it's not there at that location (it may be dynamic, not sure) start at the main site, take Model Trains, then Lego, then Plans and take the article titled "Planning a LEGO train (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.publish, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Pictures of FGLTC train show in Muelheim/Germany

(...) Absolutely incredible! I am in awe. You put my little "wanna be" European layout to complete shame. I wish I could be a member of your club! Too bad I'm an ocean away. Katie (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brickish Railways newcomer

(...) Lego trains arn't horrible (mayby ZNAP and BuyOnickles are) ;-) (...) As long as we have these narrow curve radius we have to attach the buffers to the bogies to bring them through the curves. (I can live with that). (...) I agree, but you (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brickish Railways newcomer

(...) In Real Life, yes. But examine other tight radius model railway systems and you find the same compromise, the couplers go on the trucks. This gives poor performance in reverse, but allows tight curves without easements where body mounted (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brickish Railways newcomer

(...) Thanks Ben, that's really useful and thank you for taking the time to find it for me but... aaargh that's horrible. I hope no-one in .trains takes this the wrong way but buffer beams are attached to the solebar of a rail vehicle, not the bogie (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of FGLTC train show in Muelheim/Germany

(...) (URL)This is a really good idea, the trosleys are so simple and the tractor unit (...) That is the creation of Frank "Pudie" Abel. He is also the builder of the fire engines and the row of buildings behind the fire engines. You may ask him for (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gray VS. Black Metroliner Nose

(...) I can ask, but I believe the info was 1050F x3 reheat stages, and 47.5% overall. Yes, they are all governed by Carnot cycle (diesel and steam both...) (...) Yep. So did Stirling, who had it even better, since his cycle with regenerator is (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of FGLTC train show in Muelheim/Germany

<snip> (...) In the same folder i this (URL) is a really good idea, the trosleys are so simple and the tractor unit is the best minifig scale road vehicle i have seen. Are there any more images anywhere? Tim (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gutter Talk

Ben Fleskes designed this system for PNLTC and it works well with our tables as Mike mentioned earlier. We don't use corners. I think they will be a hassle making it necessary to have perfect dimensions... we use just the gutter ends. And BTW it (...) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Gutter Talk

(...) Now not having done this myself I thing there are a few things to remember. 1. The Gutters don't need to remain water tight. 2. The Gutters need to have some ridgidity to support a limited amount of leaning/abuse by spectators. Now if you had (...) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Steam power (was: something else...)

(...) lol good point, J-1-- getting a little too esoteric for we simple folk;-) J-2 (...) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gutter Talk

(...) What NALUG did, and has worked fairly well for us, is we just hardmounted an oval of track to a 4x8 sheet of (pressboard? some varient of wood-but-not-wood). We tell show organizers that they'll need to provide a 4x8 table per oval they want. (...) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Gutter Talk

Thanks Mike!! (...) play area but not exactly the kind of detail on mounting we need. (...) Do you have a pic handy that shows underside or some mounting detail? (...) A wrinkle for us is that we are attaching to banquet tables supplied by GATS... (...) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Gutter Talk

"Scott E. Sanburn" <ssanburn@indalex.com> wrote in message news:GM4MvJ.CDJ@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Here is a picture of our (NCLTC) gutters: (URL) are mounted with bolts that go through the gutter and then through the table (...) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Steam power (was: something else...)

(...) Since I'm quite sure you are arguing (Larry? Argue??) temperatures that are well above the range that LEGO trains run, I'd suggest .off-topic.geek... JohnG, GMLTC (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Gutter Talk

To All, (Larry P suggested I post this here, originally in MLTC Yahoo Group) Like the title? : ) Anyway, I went to Lowe's last night, to get some ideas about the gutter's for the kids table, and I think I found a good solution. They had 10 foot (...) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Gray VS. Black Metroliner Nose

(...) I'm not, since that can lead to ratios greater than one which is wrong. It's (operating - ambient)/operating which means run in colder climates (absolute zero is ideal if you can find it... hence heat engines can be quite efficient in shaded (...) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gray VS. Black Metroliner Nose

(...) You can challenge it all you want. But you're not arguing with ME, you're arguing with thermodynamics. (unless you can show I've misapplied it) (...) and I bet their operating temperature differential is higher, too, being stationary. That's (...) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brickish Railways newcomer

(...) Just take a look at the instruction of 2126. It works with the same design, that you should use. (URL) Regards, Ben My homepage: (URL) no. 1 building contest: (URL) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Brickish Railways newcomer

Hi Despite the fact that I play with trains all day at work I have finally given up resisting the lure of Lego ones. I have just taken delivery of a Small My Own Train and a wagon plate kit so I can look into how it all works and I have a few (...) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gray VS. Black Metroliner Nose

(...) I'd take serious challenge to that statement. The best steam only power plants are in the 45-47% range of effiency (input to output). Mind you, they DON"T MOVE!... When done correctly, steam has a cycle effiency of ~12% on the rails (I can get (...) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mindstorms Automatic Train Control Questions

(...) 2x6 plate with the middle 8 studs removed, and pressed onto the track lengthwise. Then, an RCX hidden in a signal box (switching house, or whatever you call them in the US) controlled a barrier crossing. Hands up all those at Thames Valley (...) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact