 Trains / 13798
Re: Brickish Railways newcomer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 18:11:41 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton writes:
In lugnet.trains, Simon Bennett writes:
How do you do a Co-Co bogie when the wheelsets are 3-long?

It is very workable... I can't rattle off the URLs but I think several US
prototype 6 axle locos have been done that use this sliding center wheel
idea on their dummy trucks. Christopher Tracey??? Tom Cook? Not sure who.
But it's in this group somewhere if you can search for it.

For e.g. the German 8-wide HoMa has done it:

I dunno if it's all the stickers or what but this loco

(from the same DESERT EXPRESS project) STILL is something to stare at for
long periods and get ideas from, even after some time has went by (was this
1999 or 2000 or earlier this year that this burst upon the scene, I forget...)

If you like 8wide modern diesels you ought to be poring over this bad boy
for ideas. It's not QUITE US proto but it's close.