 Trains / 13793
Re: Brickish Railways newcomer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 17:09:11 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton writes:
In lugnet.trains, Simon Bennett writes:
How do you do a Co-Co bogie when the wheelsets are 3-long?

Depends.  If you want it to include a motor, try putting a 2x2 turntable on
the back of the motor, then two 1x4 or 1x6 tiles just on the edge of the
turntable, and attach another wheelblock to that, trailing behind the motor.
If this isn't strong enough for you, technic 1x4 steering plates,
upside-down, with the holes pressed onto studs, grip a lot better.

For a six-wheeled tender, I've allowed the centre wheel block to slide
sieways by fitting it with 1x2 plates with door rails, then having 1x4
slotted bricks across the body.  I don't know if it's possible to arrange
something like this low enough to go in as a bogey, but I'll try and let you
know.  Interesting idea.

It is very workable... I can't rattle off the URLs but I think several US
prototype 6 axle locos have been done that use this sliding center wheel
idea on their dummy trucks. Christopher Tracey??? Tom Cook? Not sure who.
But it's in this group somewhere if you can search for it.