 Trains / 13796
Re: Brickish Railways newcomer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 17:33:44 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton writes:
In lugnet.trains, Simon Bennett writes:
How do you do a Co-Co bogie when the wheelsets are 3-long?

It is very workable... I can't rattle off the URLs but I think several US
prototype 6 axle locos have been done that use this sliding center wheel
idea on their dummy trucks. Christopher Tracey??? Tom Cook? Not sure who.
But it's in this group somewhere if you can search for it.

For e.g. the German 8-wide HoMa has done it:

Regards,

Ben

But I suspect that, given the height to the studs on top of the wheelblocks,
these bogeys are taller than normal.  Either that, or they don't pivot
anywhere over the centre wheel.  Not that either of these is a major problem.

Jason J Railton