 Trains / 13789
Re: Brickish Railways newcomer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 14:22:12 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Simon Bennett writes:
In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
Just take a look at the instruction of 2126. It works with the same design,
that you should use.

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/2000/2126/2126-03.jpg

Thanks Ben, that's really useful and thank you for taking the time to find
it for me but... aaargh that's horrible.

Lego trains arn't horrible (mayby ZNAP and BuyOnickles are) ;-)

I hope no-one in .trains takes
this the wrong way but buffer beams are attached to the solebar of a rail
vehicle, not the bogie truck

As long as we have these narrow curve radius we have to attach the buffers to
the bogies to bring them through the curves. (I can live with that).

and those wheelsets are too close together to
look right.

I agree, but you have bought a Lego set: if it does not look right to you, feel
free to do any change you like. (If you have not enough phantasie how to do it,
look at the instructions of 4558 or others...)

So this poses (not 'begs' :)) two more questions:

How do you do a Co-Co bogie when the wheelsets are 3-long?

Co-Co = 6 axles in total (3 per bogie)? That is easy: nobody (in
Lego-model-building) has ever demanded
that the turning point of the bogie has exactely to be in the middle above the
second axle. Build it a little asymmetrically - that is all.

4 axles in one boogie are a bigger problem (since 4 axcles in line will cause
derailments in curves): you have to do a construction in which the pair of
middle axcles slides sidewards.

Does anyone else modify their RS to put the couplers and buffers on the
chassis?

No, but I build mainly classic "Euro-Trash" and that means 4-wheel bases
without any bogies at all...

Psi

(Plus why do TLC leave the two 2x2 plates out of the 3737 when they include
everything else?)

To keep it 5p. cheaper....

"Leg Godt"!

Ben