 Trains / 13835
Re: Center Beam lumber car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 14:51:06 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steve Barile writes:
By standing on the shoulders of giants I created a Center Beam lumber car.

Very nice, Steve.  Sorry I didn't respond sooner-- reading LUGNet through the
web interface is still new to me and I end up missing this thread:-/

It reminds me of a design Conan and J-1 built a few years ago.  I'm not aware of
any decent pics of it, but here is a glimpse of it in blue (they also made a
yellow one):

http://www.gmltc.org/gallery_show_detail.asp?id=104

As you can see, they used the arches studs up.  Both designs say "center beam
car" very well!  At 7 studs, you edge closer to the dark side>;-D

I must, however, scold you for going through so much effort at realism on your
car and then go and put <shudder> *buffers* on it!  5 lashes with a section of
turnout track! ;-)

-John