 Trains / 13836
13835  |  13837
Subject:
New Train Station For Future MichLUG/TLC Events
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 15:01:41 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

To All,

Well, I went and did it. A Big Thanks goes to Tony Hedglen and Jason Spears,
members of MichLUG, who helped build, and design the station.

It was initially going to be an expanded older station, with some modern
improvements, but since I didn't get the parts I was hoping for, I decided
just to build it. : ) This isn't a representation of any station, it is my
own design.

Here are the overall pics, I need to do a few things, but is presentable to
an event people from MichLUG are participating in:

What I need to finish:

1) Interior - I will be using a black / white checkerboard pattern for the
floor. I need to finish shops, ticket booths, cafe, control center.

2) Windows, on order! : )

Here is an overall front view:

Here is the front side view. As you can tell, we have the monorail going
through the entrance, spec'ed out for the MichLUG height requirements and
the fancy window arrangement for the lobby, with the nice pattern on the
corners.

Here is the backside of the station:

Here is the close up view of it:

Here is the other side of the station:

Here is the train entrances, don't mind the space minifigs! : )

Here is the front lobby of the station, the gray arches are for the support
for the roof windows, as they are a bit...floppy. : )

You can also see the stairs ans the monorail station, but it needs a lot of
work.

Here is the front entrance, the window has been inspired by Amy Hughes big
white building, which is here:

Here is my mini version of it:

Here is the front side of the entrance:

Here is a better overall:

Here is a zoom of the monorail station:

It is my biggest project I ever did, and I am very thankful to both Tony and
Jason for their tips and effort in this manner. I really like it.

Any feedback, suggestions, etc. welcome, as it is my first custom train
station! : )

Scott "Almost ran out of Red!" S.