 Trains / Train Organizations / 1738
Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 05:39:36 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Robert Powell writes:
Very cool!

John, do you know where I can find out about defunct railroads from the
Southern California area? Our club has been searching for a logo and haven't
come up with anything we are in love with. We have our first show coming up
in December and I would like to get something figured out.

Many Thanks,
Robert Powell
SCLTC
scltc.org

It really depends on what you are looking for.  There is the PE logo (which is
a definite), and then a bunch of smaller lines-I cannot think of names off
hand, but there were some SP narrow gauge lines which might yield interesting
logos, and then the logging lines.

Don't restrict yourself to SoCal for full size, you are not modeling any
particular line, so why feel restricted to your own location for the background
ideas.  Of course, some just wouldn't work as well...they are too regional.

James P