 Trains / Train Organizations / 1803
Re: Pics: LTC logos and their derivatives
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 16:00:28 GMT

Aah, the yin/yang symbol was the NP surely. Though the GN did use red and black
as well in the encircled goat, right?

In lugnet.trains.org, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.trains.org, Larry Pieniazek writes:

This one would look sharp in *many* colors, I think.

Just as a note... a good real life herald had this feature. These were
stenciled on to the sides of things.. boxcar red/brown boxcars, black coal
cars (usually in white)... grey or tan or yellow MOW cars (usually in
black), and so forth. So the colors you see a herald in, while interesting,
are not the limits. Heralds need to look good in at least black and white.

A few rich roads had multicolor heralds (GN with the yin/yang symbol in
red/black comes to mind) but it was rare.