 Trains / Train Organizations / 1708
Re: Gutter Talk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 15:24:53 GMT

"Scott E. Sanburn" <ssanburn@indalex.com> wrote in message
news:GM4MvJ.CDJ@lugnet.com...
To All,

(Larry P suggested I post this here, originally in MLTC Yahoo Group)

Like the title? : )

[ ... snipped ... ]

Now, the only hard time I am having is this: How to mount them. There is
about a 3/4" straight section of the gutter

(They are bracket shaped)

|          |
\____/

That I think we can attach it to. However, any ideas on how to do this?
Maybe we can get a piece of wood on that 3/4" section, nail the gutters
that, and then clamp it to the table somehow. Any ideas?

Scott S.
--

Here is a picture of our (NCLTC) gutters:

They are mounted with bolts that go through the gutter and then through the
table and then through a block of wood that fits into the table structure.
We use the PNLTC style tables so if you are familiar with how the legs
mount, the block of wood mounts essentially the same way.  Chris Suich in
our group worked this out and it has worked out really well.  We have found
that having gutters only on two sides has been sufficient and don't have any
plans to add more.  In fact, to date, the kids layout (as shown in the
picture) has worked out well.  We actually tack the track down to prevent it
from moving around as well.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.nclug.net/ctb - Carolina Train Builders