 Trains / *12469 (-100)
  Re: Attention: James Mathis

(...) James, I've tried your email address, but I'm not sure if you're getting the messages or not. Send me a note, I think I have a place for your pictures. And yes, it will be "legal"! <grin> JohnG, GMLTC (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Loading point for aggregate hoppers

"Jason J. Railton" <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message news:GEIFMp.Hvu@lugnet.com... (...) Well yes, I have to agree there -- all that USATrash does look similar. Perhaps that's why the truly outstanding modellers here (J.M., 'Ben' etc.) look (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Loading point for aggregate hoppers

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:GEILEw.8pH@lugnet.com... (...) is (...) Well, I did my best to disguise the BURPS :-) Huw (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  trains

Being a relative newbie to the field of LEGO trains, I just wanted to say hi. Hi. That out of the way, I threw up a 'page on the 'net showing my recent forray into the field of trains, with a few homebrew engines and rolling stock. It's hosted on a (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attention: James Mathis

(...) Yea, I kinda figured you wouldn't want to rush around putting all the pictures back up. Well, I'll try and index your new stuff as it comes along, though as I've mentioned before, my train index is not going to have the work put into it that (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Italian ETR500 in 8-wide

(...) No, I haven't posted that design, yet. I would like to test it in a full multi-wagon train set first. I have tested a single wagon, and it works. But, I think it safe to be cautious with an announcement untill I more rigorously test the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Italian ETR500 in 8-wide

(...) James, just one word: FANTASTIC !!!!!! Ciao Gianluca PS:I just need some more green parts to..... :) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Italian ETR500 in 8-wide

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:GEIMAp.Apo@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks! (...) I think Thomas Cook was the first one to use this offset in his RoundTopWagon. (I asked permission..... ;-) ) Cheers Carlo. (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Italian ETR500 in 8-wide

"Holger Matthes" <matthes@fh-aachen.de> wrote in message news:GEIKw8.7KL@lugnet.com... (...) world of (...) car! I love them too. I think Thomas Cook was the first one to use them with this offset. (...) 10 (...) Eh, I already built two cars, a red (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Italian ETR500 in 8-wide

(...) Very nice work, Carlo. I like the 1/2 stud offset of the backbone beam along the roof. later, James Mathis (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Italian ETR500 in 8-wide

(...) I have been frustrated during building times. It is a great challenge to build something special with the limitation or constraint of using only the parts available in one's own LEGO element collection. But, I have reached a point where to (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Loading point for aggregate hoppers

(...) I think what I like best about this loading point structure is that the scenery is an integral and "mechanical" feature. The sculpted hill-side is very well done and so necessary for this model. Very nice "set"! It really shows how the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attention: James Mathis

(...) Uh, whoah! Thanks. (...) Thanks for the compliments and encouragement to re-post the images. The only space-available to me that I know about is the BrickShelf Gallery. Anyone know of other web-hosts that don't charge? And, keep it legal. I (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Italian ETR500 in 8-wide

(...) well done for your first attempts in 8-wide! Welcome to the fantastic world of 8-wide LEGO®-trains. Ohhh, I love these rounded pieces you use at your car! What about a bit more lenght for a car with 4 sets of trainwheels? Give it 10 more (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attention: James Mathis

(...) Thanks. It was a lot of fun fiddling with inverting the large white boat windows, then trying to get the size of the model to not look too distorted. later, James Mathis (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attention: James Mathis

As of now, I guess I'd advise you, Frank, to remove me from you index list. I've still got most, if not all, the images of the models you refer to below; but, I'm not sure I have the patience to upload all of them. I will more likely be rather lazy (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Italian ETR500 in 8-wide

"Mario Ferrari" <mario.ferrari@edis.it> wrote in message news:GEIDtF.Eyt@lugnet.com... (...) 8-wide (...) Me too.. Well, sort of... I'm buiding the first MOC and it's 8 wide ;-) Preview: (URL) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Diesel Loco - final version

(...) I got my four from (URL) hope my sister never asks for it back. Chris (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Diesel Loco - final version

(...) Thanks! I don't recall where I got those windows. Either they were part of my collection from a while back or I picked them up on Brickbay. I have also been able to pick up 2 yellows, and 4 reds on Brickbay. (Thus the new red color scheme (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Diesel Loco - final version

(...) I have the advantage of having two great spotlights and a small, photography type backdrop at work. You could make a similar backdrop very easily. Just an L-shaped frame and a roll of white paper and a few lights. The frame allows you to (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Diesel Loco - final version

(...) JohnG, GMLTC (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Italian ETR500 in 8-wide

(...) Bravo! Evidence that those thumbscrews of Gianluca are starting to work? :-) I look forward to some great MOCs from you, Mario! lol James hasn't completely converted to the dark side, however-- he's sort of in purgatory somewhere;-) Although, (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Diesel Loco - final version

(...) Nice. What are you using for a photo backdrop? It's a great no shadows line free background. ++Lar (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Loading point for aggregate hoppers

(...) Nonsense. Diesel engines and bogey wagons (in ordinary colours, natch ;) come and go, but that loading hopper and the repair shed are some of the best trackside models I've seen. Not only are they amazingly detailed, and in this case fully (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Italian ETR500 in 8-wide

(...) Hi James, very nice model! When I saw your APT design some days ago I immediately thought of how the tilting mechanism would have been great for a model of ETR500. I hope I have enough green bricks to actually build your ETR500, and maybe try (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

Rebel Transcanner <hendryjr@oxford.net> wrote in message news:GEHB81.E2A@lugnet.com... (...) You say the nicest things, but I have to disagree. My efforts pale in comparison to others that contribute here... Huw (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Diesel Loco - final version

(...) Thanks Eric! Yeah, I am not really sure how I feel about the couplers either, but I tried several different things to overcome it: - creating the entire truck, stairs/ladder, coupler area as one single piece. I hated how this looked as it went (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Italian ETR500 in 8-wide

Hi James, I am not italian, but also from a country with nice trains running through it. The ETR500 looks good. The nose might deliver some ideas for my "still-in-mind" ICE-3 nose! but it's a shame that you turned to LEGO CAD! I rather prefer "real" (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Diesel Loco - final version

(...) Jake, Very nice, I still don't know how I feel about the extended couplers but it is a trade off. Now all you need are some BN decals to finish it off and it will look perfect. Eric Kingsley (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Loading point for aggregate hoppers

(...) Well, in my case there's a distinct lack of a decent website to show them on. I'm working on it though. I'd like to see some more too Harvey, so keep us informed. Most of my stuff is 4-wheeled. I'm actually a bit short of layout space at home, (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Auto Crossing

I am designing a RCX controlled Level Crossing, it used two pairs of light sensors/lamps to detect train, and use another two pairs of light sensors/lamps to detect truck/car on the road it crossed rail, RCX will control level crossing down or up (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attention: James Mathis

(...) I totally agree: please give us back ALL those pictures. Even the one from Christmas (where you bear that funny old glasses on your nose and smile from one ear to the other because of the first Super-Car you have got then. ;-) And I thought it (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Diesel Loco - final version

(...) Wow, and this is done with LEGO® too! Incredible amount of detail, I never thought I'd see stuff like this when I joined LUGNET a year ago. A++ work there Jake. -Harvey (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attention: James Mathis

(...) What???!!! Oh no!!!! :^( That was my favorite site, ever! I went there all the time for inspiration. It was so organized and easy to navigate. I knew that site backwards and forwards. What pictures did I like you ask? ALL of them...even the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-wides coming around soon

(...) snip all my previous comments (...) Yeah, those long cars are going to be a problem. I want to build an autorack,[1] and like you said, they are 89'. By my scale that would be 71 studs (gulp).I'll have to scale that down a bit (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Diesel Loco - final version

Well, maybe not the *final* version, but a much more solid version! I have finish the newest revision of my custom modern locomotive. (URL) have dropped several of the more experimental concepts like the bay windows, and reworked it in color. The (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Auto Crossing

(...) The simplest way is to use a reed switch under the track to pick up the magnetic couplers. I haven't tried this method but it shouldn't give you any problems. Reed switches are a little hard to come by though (in my recent experience). The (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attention: James Mathis

(...) That DB class 212 diesel is pretty awesome! -Harvey (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attention: James Mathis

(...) Hmm, guess I'll have to update my links web pages at: (URL) have links for you under aircraft, town, and trains. Here are the items I have links for: aircraft.html:24: James Mathis' page of LEGO&reg; Creations aircraft.html:29: (rescue (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attention: James Mathis

I no longer have that account, unfortunately. I am in the casual (lazy) process of posting some of my old train images to my BrickShelf gallery, as JN references below. Sorry, if you can't find something you're looking for. Anything in particular? (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Italian ETR500 in 8-wide

When you run out of pieces...well, just don't have the ones you'd like to build a certain model, you turn to LEGO CAD. MLCAD is just great! This is a first go at the Italian ETR500 passenger set. Loads of green. Ugh. This model is 8-wide. Tapered (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attention: James Mathis

Hey John- You can get your James Mathis fix on Brickshelf as well (where I usually get mine:) (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Attention: James Mathis

Hey James, I have been trying to access your website for many days without any luck. Are you aware of this problem? I would really like to look at some or your train models. Thanks, John (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

"Huw Millington" <hmillington@cix.co.uk> wrote in message news:GEF8xx.LCH@lugnet.com... <trim> (...) Most people build with LEGO. A few talented people are able to sculpt. You seem to be one of these people. :) This is one of the most fantastic (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-wides coming around soon

(...) Not sure... I thought it was longer, ... But anyways, if i build a 50 foot boxcar I'll go with a longer mesurement. My major problem is the containers & the huge cars 7 locos (SD90MAC & 89' auto haulers). I'd like to build the containers the (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Free Thomas the Tank Engine shirts (for a two or three year-old)

(...) If I had one of those I'd keep it myself! :-) Maggie (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Free Thomas the Tank Engine shirts (for a two or three year-old)

The shirts have found a new home. Maggie (...) was (...) probably (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Free Thomas the Tank Engine shirts (for a two or three year-old)

(...) Rats-- none to fit a 40 year old? :-) -John (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Auto Crossing

(...) Here is a link to the discussion. Have fun :) (URL) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Loading point for aggregate hoppers

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GEGzBM.7qF@lugnet.com... (...) Assuming they are no higher than a 4536 they should work just as well, but will take more truckloads of limestone to fill :-) It'll even work 8-wide. (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Scans of My Own Train Stickers Wanted

How about simply making your own stickers! Use PowerPoint or some other vector based (or raster if you prefer) app and have at it! Chances are you can come up with something similar or slightly more custom and perhaps more to your liking. SteveB (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Free Thomas the Tank Engine shirts (for a two or three year-old)

Hi All, Sorry to not be totally on-topic, but this seems like the place I'll get the best results. While cleaning out my kids' closet I found a couple of adorable TtTE t-shirts they used to love but are now too small. Knowing how hard it was for me (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Loading point for aggregate hoppers

(...) I think it's brilliant. Now can you make it bigger so it works with proper sized railcars instead of that eurotrash? :-) ++lar (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Auto Crossing

Hi guys, I want to know if it is possible to make a magnetic field sensor, for an automatic level crossing. If you know how, please send me info (diagrams would be great), because I hate having to dive at the switch every time a train comes near. (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

"David Peña" <dampena@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GEGtFq.JDI@lugnet.com... (...) wanting (...) like (...) me! Glad you like it. I look forward to seeing some inspired models. Huw (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

"Harvey Henkelman" <HarveyHenkelman@webtv.net> wrote in message news:GEGoEr.62E@lugnet.com... (...) I look forward to them -- there's a distinct lack of realistic 4-wheel wagon models, as you say. Jason Railton has done some neat ones, too. Huw (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Loading point for aggregate hoppers

(...) Huw, You did a beautiful job of modeling this structure. I've been wanting to do one for a very long time now. I live in an area with lots of steel mills so I've grown up seeing these types of structures and always thought they'd make great (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Loading point for aggregate hoppers

(...) It's nice to see some European/UK wagon designs for a change. I'll be posting better pictures of mine as soon as I get my new digital camera. Harvey Henkelman-Certified Ferroequinologist (URL) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Loading point for aggregate hoppers

(...) Huw, that is brilliant. I love it. (Despite the obvious lack of orange bricks :-) Okay, sorry for the feeble wit, but what more can I say? Marvellous. Next up - Mindstorms fully automated loading bay...? Jason J Railton P.S. Okay, the reason (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-wides coming around soon

Hi Josh, René, the webmaster of (URL) build a container train for our Meeting in Braunschweig just after Christmas 2000. His train is 8-wide and the containers are build in SNOT-technique using the white Ninja-Wall elements. See pictures at: (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: 8-wides coming around soon

(...) My latest truck trailer was 8x50 studs x9 bricks :) (URL) Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu (URL) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-wides coming around soon

(...) My containers are pretty big. The 40' long containers are 32 studs long (1 stud = 1.25 ft), 6 studs wide, and 5 bricks and 2 plates tall. I make my containers a little shorter than my truck trailers. My 40' truck trailer is 32 studs long, 6 (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  8-wides coming around soon

I'm starting work on some 8-wides now, but I've built a few 6 wide containers. I'm interested how other people build containers for 8-wides? For all of my trains I've decided to count 1 stud as 2 feet to make train cars shorter (only used on (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Speculation on the 'July Surprise'

(...) I think it's over the hills and far away... Maggie (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Scans of My Own Train Stickers Wanted

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip> (...) Withdraw the question, Richard posted an apology at the same time I was crafting my post. ++Lar (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Scans of My Own Train Stickers Wanted

A bit of rearrangment, a snip here, a snip there... (...) Thanks! (...) <snip where I said you could go buy a MOT to get the stickers> (...) There's the difference for you! And you know what it is already, don't you Richard? You *can't* go buy a (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Speculation on the 'July Surprise'

(...) Where is that confounded bridge, Maggie? -- Hop-Frog (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Scans of My Own Train Stickers Wanted

(...) ::sigh:: I would like to apologize to Cary for my being so snippy with him. He was just throwing in his two bits, like us all, and I should have been more polite to someone who is a perfect stranger to me other than this thread. My apologies (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Speculation on the 'July Surprise'

(...) And that bridge everyone is always looking for... Maggie C. (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Scans of My Own Train Stickers Wanted

(...) Actually, I initially just searched "sticker scans" and then came by the other threads by stealth because people like Rose Regner (my favorite person to drag into an explosive subject) had mentioned doing a CD of scanned sticker images. I note (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Speculation on the 'July Surprise'

(...) Hmm. A 'Leg Zep' CD. With stairway pieces, no doubt... (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Scans of My Own Train Stickers Wanted

OK...who knew this would be a hot-button issue? Geez! Legal issues: • Yes, someone scanning the sticker and e-mailing it to Richard would be 'illegal' • I meant the "back-up for personal use" line as a joke-spoofing the age old audio and data (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Scans of My Own Train Stickers Wanted

(...) Would you be kind enough to share the search string you used for that search so I can do a bit of research before weighing in on this? Thanks! My (faulty?) memory is telling me that the scans typically sought were for things like London Bus... (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Scans of My Own Train Stickers Wanted

(...) distinction might be drawn between catalogs, the wide circulation of which can only help sales, and instructions, the wide circulation of which can hurt sales if the sets can be built out of existing parts. (...) I see your point, but I don't (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Scans of My Own Train Stickers Wanted

(...) Actually, I think TLC has expressed that Kevin could host even current instruction scans for all they care -- if I recall correctly, it is Kevin that chooses to do otherwise for reasons of his own. Apparently, I have argued this before too... (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Rail stickers?

Related to Richard's request... is there a web site with scans of rail-oriented logos? In particular, I'm looking for a high res scan of the SEPTA logo. Bryan (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Scans of My Own Train Stickers Wanted

(...) Come now, Richard! You must have realized that this is a favorate arguing point here on LUGNET! 8^) I think the distinction between Brickshelf (as well as the various URL's hosting sticker scans) and your request is that your request is for (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Scans of My Own Train Stickers Wanted

(...) Actually, a quick search of the Lugnet newsgroups reveals that my request for sticker scans is hardly unique, and if it is somehow inappropriate to have such sticker scans TLC has done precious little to discourage it. And when you fail to (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Scans of My Own Train Stickers Wanted

(...) How is this different from having instruction scans? I have lots of those courtesy of Brickshelf... ...and I am not recollecting the URL, but someone has sticker scans on their site somewhere. I didn't realize I was asking for something SO (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  New MOC: Loading point for aggregate hoppers

Ever wondered how the 4536 hoppers are loaded from above? My latest model is based on Redmire, a facility in the North East of England used for loading limestone quarried nearby into railway hopper wagons for onward transport to steel works. Its (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains) !!

When you e-mail it to someone else, it is no longer for your personal use. Richard asked someone else to scan it and email it to him. That's illegal. Cary "Matthew Gerber" <matthew@digitaliris.com> wrote in message news:GEF7By.GyG@lugnet.com... Feh! (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Scans of My Own Train Stickers Wanted

Feh! Scan it, use it, just make sure you always refer to it as "a back-up copy of the sticker for my own personal use". Matt 8-P (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

I know I'm asking for Richard to chop my head off but: - It's illegal. The sticker is copyrighted by LEGO (c) 2001. A copy is a copy. Cary "Matthew Gerber" <matthew@digitaliris.com> wrote in message news:GEF2MJ.425@lugnet.com... Richard, I can't do (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Scans of My Own Train Stickers Wanted

Richard, I can't do this for you (I don't have the train), but you might want to specify file format (TIFF, JPEG, EPS, whatever), ya' know? Matt (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Scans of My Own Train Stickers Wanted

Hey Y'all: Could someone send me 100%, 300 dpi scans of the My Own Train stickers? Send them to: blueofnoon@aol.com Thanks, Hop-Frog (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from WAMALUG's show at Mannasas Train Festival

(...) thanks! :) (...) the coaling tower is build by Tom, the Gray Warehouse was built by either Tom or Christina, and the rowhouses were Greg's... (...) laf, I didn't think of that! This time, it wasn't the crane that fell over, it was the radio (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from WAMALUG's show at Mannasas Train Festival

(...) What a layout! You guys could give the NMRA a real run for their money. -Harvey (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from WAMALUG's show at Mannasas Train Festival

(...) Who built the coaling tower? and the Gray Warehouse- they are fabulous. The rowhouses are great also. I see Kevin's crane seems to be surrounded by the building. Is this an anti-fallover measure? ;) Are there any overall pics of the layout? (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store

Man, you guys are just looking for a fight aren't ya? Well y'all can keep on building your little turn of the century steamers, they make nice eye candy for the train show visitors, and the little old men in the NMRA like them. And I'll keep (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from WAMALUG's show at Mannasas Train Festival

(...) Excellent job. A very professional layout. Very well organized. I love the ferris wheel as well as the tunnel designs. The buildings are all very well done as well with nice detail. So how did you guys organize this large scale layout? Did (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store

---SNIP--- (...) I think James is starting to feel a little left out. :^) Hey, Stacy, are you the guy in our club from S.C. that made that awesome bigboy and south african steamer? If you are I'm looking forward to meeting you and seeing your (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Customised weight bricks

Hi all! Some time ago we discussed the customised weigth bricks on my page (www.hot.ee/sonnich/...ify01.htm) and some asked whether I could make and sell them as a smelter is not something everyone have. Well, I tried today with a solering iron, and (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from WAMALUG's show at Mannasas Train Festival

Excellent show, Dan! Congratulations:-) I am curious as to how many members contributed to the layout, and how you all decided to put what where (This coming from a guy whose club's layout has been mostly the opposite; where everything has a (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store

(...) Know hold on James, it seems to he that my steamer works through points and cross-tracks just fine. Are you just afraid of being the only one in the club without a steamer of his own. :^) Stacy B. (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Pictures from WAMALUG's show at Mannasas Train Festival

Hey all, we had a great show this weekend, with what may have been our biggest turnout ever :) Take a look at some pictures: (URL) Dan Boger / dan@peeron.com / www.peeron.com / ICQ: 1130750 <set:8816_1>: Off-Road Rambler (LEGO/TECHNIC), '94, 184 pcs (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: A couple of quick questions...

(...) Hey Lazy, They are either 6 x 24 (in MOT in black), or 6 x 28 (red and black)... -John (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  A couple of quick questions...

Hi all, Call me lazy, but can somebody that isn't lazy [ie: all of you], tell me the dimensions of one of the flat wagon plates [as seen on S@H]. This is so I can start on the plans of a new train I've wanted to build for ages! For more info on the (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store

(...) <note much rampant snipping> I do like what you've got there, rather quite. What are your thoughts on the cost-effectiveness of re-engineering Playmobil running gear? Is it really worth it to buy and strip a whole loco? (or do Playmobil supply (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brit-Rail APT (Advanced Passenger Train)

(...) Huw: I will try to keep the APT dat up to date. It is easy to do for now, for I only build this APT in MLCad for the moment. I am in the process of securing many critical elements that I do not have in my dwindling train-specific parts (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Minifig Scale Train Layout

Lucky Minifig! Is that a mobile DCC powerpack he's holding? :-) -John (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact