 Trains / 11568
Re: Diesel Loco - final version
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 11:56:47 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Eric Kingsley writes:

Very nice, I still don't know how I feel about the extended couplers but it is
a trade off.  Now all you need are some BN decals to finish it off and it will
look perfect.

Thanks Eric! Yeah, I am not really sure how I feel about the couplers
either, but I tried several different things to overcome it:

- creating the entire truck, stairs/ladder, coupler area as one single
piece. I hated how this looked as it went through curves. It looked way way
too unnatural.

- leaving the stair permanently located, but tying the trucks and coupler
assembly together. There simply wasn't enough room to make this work _and_
have the coupler at the right height.

- Various ways of mounting the LEGO coupler piece. No luck.

So all in all, I get the basic look that I was going for and it actually
pulls through the curve. But please, if anyone has any other ideas, I would
love to have them before I start the red color scheme!

Jake

---
Jake McKee
AFOL