 Trains / 11502
Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 17:51:50 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Warren writes:
In lugnet.trains, James Trobaugh writes:
In lugnet.trains, John Warren writes:
<snip>
(Ok, I'm slightly loco-centric, what gave it away??)
I'm also a loco-centric freak.  You'll be seeing alot of MOC steam
locomotives coming from me as well as some other members of our club.
Sorry, James T, but steam is gonna make a comeback in our club! :^)
Later,
John Warren

A comeback? Where they coming back from? Well when you guys can build some
steamers that can make it around the track with out hanging up on the switch
tracks and cross points, then well talk about a "comeback"... :)

Till then, American diesels all the way!!
Now hold on, James. You didn't even give me a chance to show you how my
Steamers run around the track because I showed up late that day.  BOTH of my
locomotives can go through any point or switch as good or better than the
standard lego train wheels.  The only downside of my Camelback 2-6-0 is that
is requires some initial fine tuning to properly align the drive bars so
that the drive wheels pump the bars smoothly without locking up.   After
that, it will run smoothly on any type of track.  That's why I switched from
the old red  double rimmed lego spoked wheels to the single rim playmobil
wheels. NOW.....let's talk about that comeback, baby!!!   :^)
Steam lives on!!
   Later,
     John W.

Know hold on James, it seems to he that my steamer works through points and
cross-tracks just fine.  Are you just afraid of being the only one in the
club without a steamer of his own. :^)

Stacy B.