 Trains / 11418
Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 13:20:43 GMT

Kevin,

The Union Pacific and the black steamer were both John Warren's models, they
are very nice work indeed.

I believe the drivers are Playmobile, John might be able to "enlighten" you
more on how they were integrated with the LEGO.

jt

In lugnet.trains, Kevin Maynes writes:
Nice work!

I like the Sawnee loco, nifty job on the dynamic brake pod; it somehow looks
'right' for a depiction of an EMD machine at that size. Definitely something
for the files.

I'm also very much impressed with the pilot on UP#3148, you just know that
one's built for the business.

And the steamer at the end... cooo-wull! I don't recognize it (or either of the
above, actually) from anywhere. It looks like the drivers might be aftermarket
from someplace? Care to enlighten? I'm jealous, it makes me want to hunt down a
machinist to have some wheels created from bar aluminum stock.

(Ok, I'm slightly loco-centric, what gave it away??)

Cheers,
KMaynes

In lugnet.announce, James Trobaugh writes:
Once again the NGLTC presented a display outside of the Georgia LEGO Outlet
store. • <snip>
The show was a lot of fun and we thank the LEGO Outlet store for having us
(and for the pizza)

You can view the pictures at http://www.ngltc.org